Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Inspired by... Aslan

 

Our Texture Tuesday theme this week is orange.

With an orange tabby constantly demanding my attention (I swear he has Siamese in him. The only time he isn't talking is when he's sleeping. LOL!) my "subject" for this photo challenge was pretty much decided for me.

Aslan_Orange I used Kim Klassen's pumpkingrunge texture on vivid light 40% and her youaremysunshine brush.

 

I encourage you to stop by The Cafe and see what everyone else came up with this week!

Since we're on the subject of Aslan... he recently escaped his halter and did this:

 

Aslan_Tree

Yes, in case you're wondering, he is at the end of the road, er, branch as far as the top of the tree is concerned. My new grey hairs are all from this precious one.

Aslan_Tree_2

I don't recall if I've mentioned it before, but we also have a Blue & Gold Macaw named PiliAloha. Hubby thought it would be fun to put them in the tree together.

Aslan_Pili_tree

Aslan_Pili_FootUp

Pili_Aslan_Tree

I had to post this last one, lest anyone reading this was afraid for the bird. Trust me, if anyone is in danger, it's Aslan! (You guessed it! More grey hairs as I worry about Aslan trying to escape the bird and falling out of the tree in the process!)

And, since we're on the subject of orange, here is a LO I did today using Groovy Girl by Designs by Krista.

Umm_Yeah

The caption is pretty much what my brother would say if he saw this layout. LOL! These are a couple of my favorite photos of him and of course I had to include his orange Willy's Jeep!

 

So, I'm curious, do your pets do anything to give you grey hair?

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

 

kimklassencafe and then, she {snapped}

7 comments:

  1. Very cute "Sunshine" photo. Your husband has a good sense of humor putting the bird and cat together in the tree for a photo shoot. You must have good humor for letting him. ;o) Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that orange kitty is up to something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - you have kitty adventures to share too!
    I'm afraid we are the ones who gave our scaredy cat the grey hairs - but it was not intentional!! Great photos and texture work :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ginger kitty and the texture work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. June!

    These were some amazing shots!! Great job.

    Love that cat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous cat you've got, really lovely. I love the texture work you've done on the photo, great choice of texture and execution. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June