Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, August 16, 2014

Inspired by . . . Amy

 

 

LesserGoldfinch_Female

Lesser Goldfinch {female}

 

Love of my heart, my stream runs dry;

O Fountain of the heavenly hills,

Love, blessed Love, to Thee I cry,

Flood all my secret hidden rills.

Waters of love, O pour through me,

I must have Love: I must have Thee.

 

Mockingbird_kkprinted

Juvenile Northern Mockingbird textured with kk_printed

 

Lord, give me love, then I have all,

For love casts out tormenting fear.

And love sounds forth a trumpet call

To valiant hope; and sweet and clear

The birds of joy sing in my tree,

Love of my heart, when I have Thee.

 

Amy Carmichael

Edges of His Ways

 

Male_Cardinal

Northern Cardinal {male}

 

 

 

Shalom,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Sandra Heska King - Still Saturday Renewed Daily - Recommendation Saturday

 

     “Texture

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem and prayer. Our Father's love is more powerful than a million suns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel quiet here. ~ l

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely benediction after a very long day.

    Rest well, my friend. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there - wonderful pictures and peaceful words.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this post, my dear friend, a true joy for our heart !
    Be blessed !!
    With love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos, June. You really captured some wonderful expressions; it's like you're friends with them :) Amy Carmichael is one of my absolute favorite authors. I just read a great biography of her. She was an amazing lady.
    Blessings,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi June, this was so refreshing, peaceful and joyful to read. I enjoy watching birds in awe and marvel at the Creator's handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi June! My original comment got cut off. I have a sore finger which is playing havoc with my typing!
    I love the photo of the cardinal. So majestic. They always look so strong.
    I would love the chance to soar with the birds, and to touch the sky and the hand of the Creator. What a beautiful image you have presented here of desiring God, desiring love.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  10. June, thank you for sharing the lovely words to that song. It touched me. And the bird photos along with your edits are so superb. What a bright spot in an overwhelming day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous images! Simply amazing captures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must get my Amy Carmichael books off my shelves and read those treasures again. Lovely photos and lovely words, June.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed dropping in from Kim's cafe ... such beautiful words, and images, June! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "I must have love". This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such cute little models for your photos. Love the poems too. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June