Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Inspired by... art

 

After living in Texas for nearly five years, we finally made our way to Lake Travis this past July.  It's a beautiful lake, despite the fact that it is down about 40ft due to the current (awful) drought conditions.

As I said, we had never been before and had no idea where to go once we got there, but following the advice of one of the park rangers we made our way around the lake and were pleasantly surprised to find a grouping of restaurants and shops called: The Oasis.

I was especially delighted by the courtyard that flowed around the shops.  A peaceful, old world atmosphere had been created with partial stone walls, mosaics (more on those later) and enormous urns filled to overflowing with a variety of flowers.  There was also a collection of bronze sculptures, depicting everything from gymnasts to puppy dogs.  I would have enjoyed lingering with an iced coffee and a good book, but alas, the others were waiting. 

Here are a few of the shots I captured while the other waiting impatiently for me to catch up.

 

Stonewall_Crackerjacks

The theme for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday this week was to use her new texture, crackerjacks. With the stone wall in the background I knew it would work well with this picture. (The "recipe" is posted at the end for those interested)

Horse_Fountain

Boy_Turtle_Bronze

Zinnia_Dream

Playing with Kim's textures again. The one above is dream and the next one is inspiredmagic.

Zinnia_Inspired

WishingWell

I thought this one was rather fun.

Wishing_Well_Angle

Texas_Bronze

Girl_canvasbackmagic

I love how she is covered by these lacy vines.  It brought to mind the Veiled Lady by Raffaelle Monti (as seen by Elizabeth Bennet in the sculpture gallery at Pemberly a.k.a Chatsworth)  I used Klassen's canvasbackmagic on the image and then masked the girl and vines back in.

Last, but not least, I leave you with a taste of autumn.

Blackeyed_autumn_scripted Kim's newest texture, autumnburst and then scriptededges over top. 

Have I mentioned I like playing with textures?

I encourage you to click over to the Texture Tuesday post to see what everyone else came up with this week!  You can also sign up for Kim's weekly email, which includes a free texture every week. Nice!

I  hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend!

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

Sharing inspiration here:

kimklassencafe

Recipe for first photo:

Screen_Shot

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lovely garden. Your textured piece is stunning! Thanks for the recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely shots (and I totally want to live in TX)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much creativity in one post! Very lovely! It looks like a beautiful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I would love to visit there, beautiful work you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your crackerjack textured flowers! Stunning! Your other pictures are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh all of your photos are so lovely! I especially like the one of the flowers where you used the dream textures. And great processing on the statue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your images. This looks like a very beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June