Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, September 5, 2011

Inspired by... the hills

 

Four_Peaks_Psalm_121 

Many times in my life God has brought me to a place where He is my only option. My only help. It's not necessarily a place I like to be, and yet, it's the very best place to be.

Because, as Psalm 121 continues:

"He will not let your foot stumble;

He who guards you will not sleep.

The guardian of Israel

never slumber, never sleeps.

The Lord is your guardian,

your protector at your right hand;

the sun will not strike you by day

nor the moon by night.

The Lord will guard you against all harm;

He will guard your life.
The Lord will guard you as you come and go,

now and for evermore."

 

What beautiful, encouraging promises, full of hope. Promises I can count on when the people in my life are physically or emotionally unavailable. Promises I can rest in when I'm physically and emotionally beaten down by life's trials and tribulations.

A protector! A guard over my life, over me as I come and go. Now and for evermore.

Such hope!

I love this Psalm because of it's promises. But it is also a good reminder. A reminder of where to look for the help I need. I often don't look in the right place, to the right Person. I often rely on earthly things. Money, praise, people, material things, self. Eventually, all earthly things will fail me and I will stumble. It is only when I lift my eyes to the Lord for help that I will stand sure and firm, protected on every side. I know this to be true.

Are you in a place where everyone and everything has failed you?

Where you feel you have no where else to turn?

But you're not sure if you want to look to the Lord for help?

What have you got to lose?

"God is not a man, that He should lie, or a son of man, that He should change His mind. Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not fulfill it?" (Numbers 23:19)

"Truly, Truly, I say to you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life." (Jesus speaking as recorded in John 5:24)

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3)

 

Lift your eyes to Him today!

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

PS If you'd like to comment privately on this post, please email me directly at js@junescott.com

 

Sharing inspiration here:

2 comments:

  1. Those desert hills remind me of the Coachella valley. I love this photo and verse! Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, and timely, post! Thank you, June, for giving me hope in His Word today ... we've had some difficult situations in our lives lately, and so often I've leaned on His promise from this Psalm! Your image is beautiful as well ... thanks so much for sharing this! You just never know who you're going to touch, and this has touched me today ... it has served to remind me where it is I need to look again for help and comfort! Blessings to you ... Deborah

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June