Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, September 8, 2011

Inspired by... the need

 

Texas is burning.

 

There have been four people killed and over 1400 homes destroyed in the wildfire that is burning east of Austin right now. But there are fires burning all over the state.

 

Map_Fires_Texas

 

Yesterday, one erupted up just 6 miles from our house.  It was the 2nd fire at Camp Bullis in as many days.

I was on my way to church when I spotted the great billow of smoke and flames. Emergency personnel passed me as I drove. It's scary not knowing where the fire is. My mother lives next to the church. Works at the Day School at the church. Soon after I arrived at church we got the word to evacuate. The Day School has to act ahead of the possibility of a formal evacuation order.

Mom yells at me to get her cat as I pile three little girls into the back of my car.

 

Smoke

This is a view of the fire from the church parking lot. Doesn't look like much, but you're looking at the side of a column of fire that burned over 150 acres. Currently, the fire is 70% contained. But contained is a loose term in an area that is experiencing the worst drought in Texas history. The grass crunches under our feet.

We are living in a tinderbox.

Yard 

Trees are dying.

Trees_2

Because of lack of water, not because of cold nights.

Trees_1

Ground

The ground is crying out for relief.

We cry out,

we need Your help,

come back to our land.

 

Please pray for rain, for Texas.

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

and then, she {snapped}

2 comments:

  1. hopefully the fires can become contained and hopefully soon there will be abundant rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so scary! I had no idea this was going on in Texas. Praying for rain! (And thanks for linking up to show off your shot!)

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June