Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Sunday, September 4, 2011

Inspired by... serendipity

 

Welcome to another...

Serendipity_Logo

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I thought I would share with you the first results of a class I've been taking.  It's the Photoshop Essentials class offered by Kim Klassen and I'm lovin' it!!

inspiration-studio

 

It really, truly fits with my serendipity theme because every time I login to class I find wonderful and unexpected things! Kim is a fantastic teacher! She is clear, concise and passionate about sharing what she knows. I'm only on Day 3 of the class and I can't believe how much I've learned!

 

But I'm not just going to tell you about it –I'm going to show you!

 

I thought these pictures, taken while driving through the Petrified Forest in Northern Arizona, would be a great way to showcase what I've been learning. It was an overcast, pretty yucky day (it even rained if I remember correctly) and although our human eyes could clearly see the beauty in the rocks, my camera wasn't doing such a great job of capturing it. 

Here are some before and after shots:

BEFORE

Bridge_Original

AFTER

Bridge_Adj

Cropped photo, levels adjustment and hue saturation adjustment.

BEFORE

Mtn_Rubble_Original

AFTER

Mtn_Rubble_Adj

Cropped photo, levels adjustment. Adjusting the levels made the broken rock pieces at the base of the mountain too dark, so I used a mask to remove the adjustment from just that area of the image.

BEFORE

Petrified_Mts_Original

 

AFTER

Petrified_Mts_Adj

Cropped photo. Levels adjustment, hue saturation adjustment.

And (I couldn't help myself) here it is again, using Kim's Pumpkin Grunge texture!

Petrified_Mts_Adj_Grunge

BEFORE

Rock_Original

AFTER

Rock_Adj

Cropped photo. Levels adjustment, hue saturation adjustment.

I'm really excited about this next one. I used the magnetic lasso selection tool to fix the glare in the sky! (How cool is that!)

BEFORE

Sky_Fix_Original

AFTER

Sky_Fix

Levels adjustment. Hue saturation adjustment. Magnetic Lasso selection tool, soft brush.

I just love how how you can make a couple of simple changes and take an image from one you might be tempted to delete, to one (almost) worthy of framing! Thanks, Kim!

Okay, one last photo:

Distant_Mts_Original

I confess, I didn't do anything to this one. I love it just the way it is – straight from the camera!

If you have a photo blog or gallery, please leave me a comment with a link. I'd love to see what you've been shooting lately!

 

What serendipitous finds did you have this week?

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

Sharing inspiration here:

and then, she {snapped}

1 comment:

  1. oh june...what an inspiring post!! thank you so much... truly...

    i'm so happy you are learning and growing in the class....and most thankful to have connected with you!!

    xxo, Kim
    p.s. you should have your texture by now...if not... do shout...xxo

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June