Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Inspired by... yarn

 

I have some sweet little autumn yarn votives for you today.

 

Yarn_Votives_Title

These were inspired by Elisabeth and Carolyn. Both of whom shared beautiful yarn bowls on their blogs recently.

 

Yarn_Votives_Closeup

These were an experiment, but I'm very pleased with how they turned out. I wanted to try different patterns with the yarn.  I will definitely be making more!

 

Front_Entry_Closeup

They look nice on the table by our front door with their flickering (battery powered) votive candles.

 

Front_Entry

Speaking of candles... I updated a couple candle displays to match the season.

 

Autumn_Scents

Potpourri goes beautifully with candles. I use mine year after year. As long as it continues to look good, I don't care if it looses it's smell.

 

Fall_Candles_Potpurri

I had some stamping, tissue paper, modge podge fun with a repurposed pickle jar for this display.

 

Tissue_Paper_Leaves

You can't see it well in the picture but the potpourri pieces are green, orange and... PURPLE! I'm lovin' me some orange and purple this fall!

What about you, do you have a favorite fall/autumn color?

And displays in your home that you just update to match the season?

I'd love to know!

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

Sharing inspiration here:

Photobucket HookingupwithHoH Somewhat Simple

2 comments:

  1. Your fall display looks beautiful...love the bowls and I liked what you did to jar..looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such kind words. Of course I had to snoop around after I got here, but your piece on the carrion plant sealed the deal. I'm inspired to follow.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June