Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, February 19, 2015

Inspired by . . . Always near the cross: humility

 

This is a series I began back in January. You can find the first two posts here.

The thought comes from a line from a Puritan Prayer included in The Valley of Vision prayer collection.

. . . so that I may live always near the cross.

This post is a continuation of my ponderings.

Love

Humility

Sacrifice

Obedience

Submission

Faith

Trust

 

Wonders_of_Love

 

There is humility at the cross. Oh, you can come to it with sneers and jesting, accusations and challenges. But only those who are humble can dwell there.

Our worlds can be so small. Even with technology that allows us to see other galaxies, our minds don’t often move past our home and family. The influence we have over our “world” can seem so large, yet every life, no matter how influential, is a but a vapor in the eyes of God.

Yet, He condescends to love us with such a great and sacrificial love. He abides in us and we abide with Him, the Creator of the universe!

Do you feel worthy of this great privilege?

If you do, the very pride that causes you to feel such will bar your heart from entrance. If you do not, be careful that you do not reject His love with the pride of false humility.

Instead, let us respond with wonder, gratitude and thanksgiving for Christ’s great sacrifice.

Dwell near the cross in humility, always in remembrance of what He has done for us.

 

Blessings,

June

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

#GiveMeGrace

Thought-Provoking-Thursday-Button

Sandra Heska King - Still Saturday

SDG-Gathering-150x150 TestimonyTuesdayLinkUp

20 comments:

  1. I love your words of inspiration, and in this case, humility. And I also love...You!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word, sister. The older I get the more God gives us the insight into such matters. Without humility there is no accepting God and His eternal gift of life. He opposes the proud… something I've been fighting with a good part of my life. I don't want to be on opposing side of the Creator and Sustainer of all life here physically and spiritually for eternity.


    Even though I know it more and more each day, I can always use a reminder of His grace that allowed us access to His love. Thanks for this wonderful reminder today… near the Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm ... a humble heart He does not despise.

    A lovely way to bring this day to a close, June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to be reminded of this. Humility is so often a thing we pursue but cannot ever claim to have attained. It's good to be reminded that we embrace it only in recognising our dependency on Him. He's the author of our faith as well as the author of us. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will remember 3 things from this post - wonder, gratitude, and thanksgiving. And this will be enough for any day, any struggle, and circumstance. Thank you June for sharing what is on your heart and reminding me of the subtle ways I might deceive myself - helping me to question my motivations and honor God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lord has done so much for us; we are so unworthy of His grace, but He loves us anyway! It is good to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be pondering these words further. How do we truly abide in God knowing that He sacrificed so much to abide in us? I know I let too much of my stuff to get in the way. Thank you for these words today and for linking up at The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to being in heaven and being sent around and about to the universes to worship and serve and rejoice to the Lord in all those places. The sinfulness of our world is significantly increasing, and I don't know when it will continue to remain. And, I really loved your photo. I'm a bird addict. I always laugh and say that when I die, I hope the birds will fly with me all the way to the clouds and then the angels can step up and take over. Hope you'll smile. I'm smiling when I'm writing this. Bless you and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by, Floyd. Your humility is one of the things that shines forth so profoundly from your blog. It keeps me coming back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks you, sweet Dany! It is always a pleasure to see you here! I've fallen behind on my visiting again, but I will see you soon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing part of your day with me, Linda! You always encourage my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Micah. I appreciate you joining the discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The craziness of business is what Laura Hodges Poole calls it in her devotional, While I'm Waiting. It seems we all feel this pressing in upon our lives. It's the perfect time of the year to think on these things, Mary. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen, Ginger! It's so good to see you here, thanks for taking the time to comment. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you broke this down, Donna! Thank you for joining the conversation - have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The truth of His mercy and grace overwhelms me, so thankful. Have a blessed week, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beautiful piece. My journey for truth and peace with God the last 25 years has led me to my current path which is humility and a thankful heart. I am truly thankful for God's great mercy. New truths are still waiting to be explored.

    I bought The Valley of Vision book after I saw a prayer online and just had to have it. Wish it was in e-book format.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's good to be reminded at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad you have a copy, Gail! It is a great inspiration to me. I would like it in ebook format as well, but then, it's also comforting to have a book in hand :) Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by, Sharon! Your illustrations are magical!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June