Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, April 1, 2021

Inspired by . . . the posture of Christ



Jesus washing the disciple's feet, as witnessed in John 13, is a passage worthy of deep meditation and study. The fact that our Lord laid aside His glory to become a man is incomprehensible enough. Yet, here we see Him laying aside even more.

"He laid aside His outer garments, and taking a towel, tied it around His waist."

In our world, toes are things to be painted and put on display. In the time when Jesus walked the earth, feet were likely the dirtiest and least washed part of the human body.

Our Lord, pausing in the midst of eating a meal, to stoop down and wash the disciple's feet would have definitely gotten their attention!

There are many beautiful layers here, and I urge you to peel them back slowly and savor each one.

What I want to impress on you in this moment, that I pray you will take to heart and carry forward beyond the JOY of Sunday's victory is this:

He loved Judas to the end.

Judas Iscariot, a man who walked with our Lord and knew Him intimately. Jesus' friend, who betrayed Him with a kiss, for a paltry 30 pieces of silver.

I can't even begin to understand a love like that. And yet, we must try. We must do more than try. We must love like He loved.

"I give you a new commandment: love one another; as I have loved you, so you are to love one another." John 13:34

We must learn to accept, first, that this great love is bestowed upon us. You and me. For, it is only in receiving His love that we can give love to others. 

Yes, even our enemies. "As I have loved you..."

Because it is not our love that we give, but His. God alone is love and we must learn to reside in that love.

We must learn to see with the eyes of Christ.

"If there is this love among you then everyone will know that you are My disciples." John 13:35

When we look upon those who live in opposition to Christ, may we remember His posture in front of Judas on the very night he betrayed Him, the Father having already revealed everything to Him, and allow Him to love through us.

Blessings,














No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June