Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Inspired by... salad

Love salad?
Me too!
But often sometimes it's a pain I don't have time to chop and cut up everything to make one.
Love cucumbers?
Me too!
I used to slice them up and make sandwiches.
But often sometimes those sandwiches just weren't enough to fill me up.

Somewhere along the way I came up with the idea (by no means an original idea)  to make a mini version of the salad I wanted (less work), with lots of cucumber and stuff it in a pita!

Yum!
These babies fill me up every time!


Here's my recipe:

Garden Salad Pita Pockets

2-3 Tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped avacado
1 tsp dill
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
1 whole pita (2 halves)
Prepare first 5 ingredients and add to mixing bowl. Add dill and Mural of Flavor.  Add mayonnaise.  Mix well.  Stuff, gently, into pita pockets.  Enjoy!

Notes:  I love to make these when we have leftover salmon in the house.  Double yum!  I've also been known to boil up 4-5 shrimp, dice them small and add them to the salad.  Feel free to substitute to your own tastes, just make sure you dice/chop things small to avoid tearing the pita pocket.

About Penzey's Spices:  My friend, K., introduced me to Penzey's two Christmas' ago.  I compared them to what I could buy at the local grocer, both price per ounce and quality - in my opinion Penzey's wins hands down.  Everything they make is gluten-free with the exception of a couple of their soup starters.  This is a down-to-earth, love to cook - cook to love business and I highly recommend them!  They've recently expanded into several new markets.  Check their website, they might have a store near you! (they have no idea I'm saying this or even have a blog, they simply know me as a customer)

I'd love to hear about any recipes you've "invented."

What's your favorite way to make a salad?

On another note:

My brother's in town this week.  I'm super excited to have him here!  

Please forgive me if it takes me longer than usual to respond to your comments.  I read every one and am always blessed by what you have to say! 

We're heading out to lunch now... 
Hmm, maybe I'll have a salad, since someone else will have to do all the prep work! 

Blessings,

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June