Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Inspired by... snail mail {freebie}



When I was growing up, I was "pen-pals" with my cousin who lived in another state. We'd write to each other a couple of times a month and exchange stickers.  Believe it or not, I still have some of the stickers she sent me.   I also had an Aunt (she wasn't really my Aunt, she was my Grandma's cousin, but we called her Aunt), she used to send me postcards all throughout the year from all the different places she would visit.  She did this up until the time came when she was unable to travel and I have a rather impressive postcard collection as a result. (I'll share it with you sometime) 
 
I also have a particular fondness for receiving mail.

In this day of email, chat, text and instant messaging many of us likely approach our mailboxes with trepidation or annoyance, anticipating the usual bills, solicitations and other unwanted correspondence.

Can you recall what it feels like to get a personal piece of mail? Hand-addressed, hand-written just for you?

I hope you can.

If you're like me, your heart lifts with eager anticipation and the smile that started slowly upon first spotting the personalized envelope is in full bloom by the time the contents are removed and opened.

I have to admit, I have never felt that way when receiving an email, text or any other type of electronic message from a friend.

There is just something special about receiving snail mail.  Maybe even more so today, because so few people take the time to reach out in such a way anymore.

I'm the same way.  

I have a list of people of been meaning to sit down and write to for the last month or so... have I done it yet? No.  It takes time.  It's not that I don't have the time.  It hasn't been done because I haven't taken the time to do it. (there's a difference, but that's fodder for another post, perhaps.)

I try to be better about sending birthday cards, anniversary and little (short) notes of encouragement.  I enjoy designing my own cards, but again, that involves time.  So I keep a stash of store bought cards to choose from too.  I used to have stacks of these in their little boxes (birthday, anniversary, sympathy, get well, you get the picture, lots of boxes) and they were driving me crazy taking up too much room.  

So I finally organized them all into one, cute, little box.

This works so much better for me than those pocket organizers.


Of course, I had to make dividers to organize the different types of cards.



You like?  You can download them here, for free!

They are formatted for a 4_3/8 H x 7_5/8W box.  Just print on card stock and cut them out! Easy!  The pdf file has them with labels as you see above and also a set with blank tabs.

Now I don't have to search through hundreds several boxes to find the card I want.  I just find the appropriate tab, and flip through a few cards.  And the time I save, gives me that much more time to write the notes!

How about you? Do you like to write letters? Receive mail?
Do you make your own cards?  Have a unique way to organize?
Maybe even have a pen-pal????
I'd love to hear about it!


Blessings,


 PS Please, please, please let me know if the download does not work for you. I will email the file to you directly!
 
Sharing here:
 
Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June