Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, August 5, 2011

Inspired by... up cycling

 

Hi everyone!  Sorry to be so late posting this.  I had a few finishing touches to make this morning.

 

I'm so excited to introduce to you... (insert drum roll here)

 

The Hoots!

Family_Close

Are they not seriously cute??

I saw this tutorial on Factory Direct Craft and just knew I had to make them!

Mom_Dad

Mom and dad...

The_Twins

The twins and...

Junior

Junior!

(isn't he sweet?)

Family_CloseUP

Side_Shot

I followed the tutorial for the most part.  Their beaks are just a small square folded diagonally.  To make them stable, I hot-glued them to a circle cut out of a cardboard box, which had first been spray painted green, then hot glued Spanish moss on top of the circle and in between the "family."

You might have noticed their little "friend" on the left?

Butterfly

To add a bit of dimension, I cut a styrofoam ball in half, spray painted it green and glued it to the cardboard circle, then covered it with moss.  The butterfly is perched on some green florist wire, stuck into the ball.

I'll be posting more about butterflies (and sharing a freebie pattern) soon!

 

I hope you've enjoyed meeting the Hoots!

Family_Distant

Right now they're nestled on my hearth.  But they would be fun to make for a themed birthday (or other) party, don't you think?

 

Blessings,

 

Blog_Signature

Sharing inspiration here:

Tidy Mom Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to say I love these. Those are absolutely adorable. My husband doesnt like owls (he thinks they are creepy)But, I love these hmm He may have to give in this time:)Thanks for the inspiration. Smiles, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty cute! There are a lot of "owl crafts" out there, but I haven't seen one like this. I'm pinning it on my "owls only" pinterest board! I have a "Crazy about Owls!" post you might be interested in.
    Your newest follower,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June