Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Inspired by... Noel {Inspiration #2}

 

Inspiring_Noel_Button

 

Welcome to another post in the An Inspired Noel series! Today's inspiration came from Cori Ann's Creative Living blog. She shared her modge podge clipboard makeover back in August and her version was so cute I knew I wanted to make some for gifts.

You start with some inexpensive clipboards. You can probably find some at the dollar store. Then raid your stash of scrapbooking papers...

 

Choose_Paper

 

I decided to remove the clip before adding the paper. I knew I wouldn't be happy with my results if I had to cut the paper to fit around the clip. But you may not want to deal with having to re-attach the clips, so this step is up to you. Hubby found some rivets at HomeDepot that worked like a charm. But it was not without trial and error! So I recommend testing on a plain clipboard (one you haven't spent hours making beautiful, ahem!) first.

Cover the board, generously, with modge podge then carefully apply your paper, then cover the paper with a layer of modge podge. I did one side at a time and let dry completely between sides.

 

Apply_Paper

 

I also chose to paint the clips in coordinating colors. Again, this step is optional. But you have plenty of time to paint the clips while the boards are drying.  I applied a spray sealer to the boards and the clips before reassembling. Once everything is dry re-attach your clips and your done!

 

Finished_Clipboard_Group

 

Cori Ann added more bling to hers (the clips) and depending upon whom you're making these for that would be a fun option. Mine are for a couple of friends who will use them pretty regularly, so I figure any ribbons and such will just be in the way.

With all the different scrapbooking papers out there, the possibilities for these are endless.  You could even add fabric, ribbon, ric rac, etc. or personalize them with pictures! These would make great gifts for teenagers, don't you think?

If this post has inspired you, please let me know by leaving a comment. And if you make some of your own clipboards, share your link, I'd love to see your creations!

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

HookingupwithHoH A Crafty Soiree Tidy Mom The Shabby Nest Stuff and Nonsense Momma Hens Coop

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I would love to use this idea for my kids , using brightly colored , or kid themed paper. It would be great for homework , coloring in the car, or even chore charts! Thank you for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to try this and haven't yet. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! It certainly prettifies an ordinary clipboard!

    Thanks for sharing your idea with Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June