Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Inspired by... Noel {Inspiration #3}

 

Inspiring_Noel_Button

 

Hi, everyone! I'm really excited about what I have to share with you today! These were inexpensive, easy to do and could easily be personalized, all of which = great Christmas gift idea for family & friends!

 

{Personalized} Jewelry Pendants

Loved_Pendant

 

I found lot's of inspiration around blog land for these pendants, but the one I happened to "pin" was from Amy over at One Artsy Mama. She made Dictionary Page Pendants. I just love how hers turned out!

For mine, I started with blank oval and square pendants from Hob Lob. They came two in a package.

 

Pendants

 

I just love the filigree edges, but it did make it hard to get a good a tracing around the ovals, and measuring ovals just never works for me.  I finally decided to photocopy the pendants and cut out the middles to use as a pattern!

 

Making_Pattern

 

I used scrapbooking paper from my stash for the two oval pendants.

 

Pattern_2

And for the square pendants I typed up the definition of "friend" and added some "floating" gems...

 

Decisions

 

Now it's time for a little magic... Plaid's Dimensional Magic, that is! (love this stuff!)

 

Magic

 

If you haven't used Dimensional Magic before, don't worry, it dries clear!  I really love how these turned out!

 

Loved_Pendant

Friend_Blue_2

 

Even the "friend" pendants which "ran" a bit because I wasn't patient enough to let them dry long enough after printing!

 

Friend_Red

Rather than look flawed, they have an aged look that I really like!

 

What do you think?

Friend_Blue

 

I made this one with my friend, M.E. in mind. Her motto is L.I.F.E. (Live In Freedom Everyday) The freedom that we have in Jesus Christ.

 

Life_Pendant

 

These would be so cute done with a person's initials or with other phrases that have meaning to a friend or family member. Or maybe you have your own fabulous idea and are just itching to get started! I'd love to see what you come up with!

I hope you've been inspired today!

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Photobucket Momma Hens Coop A Crafty Soiree The Shabby Nest Stuff and Nonsense

One Artsy Mamalinkingpartybadge copy_thumb[2] Positively Splendid

12 comments:

  1. What a darling gift idea!! I can't wait to try this...I'll be heading to Hobby Lobby soon for my supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, I'm so excited you were inspired to try your own pendants! I especially like the "life" one you made for your friend. Great job! And thanks for including my link too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I shared this on my One Artsy Mama Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great would luv for our readers to see this at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html

    Thanks for joining the party,
    Maggie
    http://Passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure inspired is the right word.... I am obsessed and off to Hob Lob.. right this minute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there- found you through the hop and am a new follower. I've always wanted to use resin-like stuff to make pendants. I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com
    My most recent post is about beaded rings!
    I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are those! Thanks so much for your vote for my pumpkins! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, how neat! I've have never seen this style before. Jewelry is such tedious work, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO VERY INSPIRED! I will make a trip to Hobby Lobby and look for these things! So glad I stopped by for a visit!
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    I have been wanting to make Christmas gifts this year and these will be perfect!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. June, I hope you'll share this at our new Shine On Fridays party!

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! Definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful & original gift. Thanks for linking this idea up to Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June