Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, December 22, 2011

Inspired by... 12 Days of Textures {Day 10}

 

You're either wondering where Day 6-9 went or you're too busy with holiday preparations to have noticed that I've been absent for the last few days.  I wish I could say I've been busy, too, but unfortunately, it's been the flu. {sigh}

But I believe I'm on the mend now and wanted to share with you some of the more favored ornaments on our Christmas tree... and play with some textures at the same time!

 

Let's start with a smile, shall we?

 

star

Here is a beautiful hummingbird my mom gave me one year.

 

Hummingbird

This is one of the older (vintage?) ornaments that has been passed down from my Grandmother's tree.

 

Vintage_Star_Ornament

This one is special because my Nana made it for me.

 

Nana_handmade_ornament

My dad gave me a set of Hummel church ornaments one year... so sweet!

 

Hummel_Church_Ornament

I think this one came from Wally World... but it's so pretty!

 

Red_ball

And this one my dad bought for me at a Christmas craft bazaar many, many years ago...

I still love it!

 

pinecone_ornament

The best thing about decorating for Christmas at my house, is that 90% of my decorations were given to me by family or friends. Every year as I decorate my trees and set out my nativities and other decorations I'm reminded of the sweetness of each person who gifted me in the past. So in a very real sense, their gift continues to bless me year after year.

 

I hope you have a similar experience in your home this Christmas.

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

1 comment:

  1. I have been missing you.. but I was here catching up and could not find recent posts... We have had a bug at our house too..

    so glad you are on the mend and I adore your ornaments

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June