Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, December 9, 2011

Inspired by... roses

 

I love roses. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're my favorite flower (do I really have to pick just one), but I'm always inspired by their beauty.

I know some people think of them as common and unimaginative...

 

Rose_Intensify

 

...sorry, I just don't see common and unimaginative when I look at this image. I see beauty, mystery, love and hope... maybe a little touch of sadness.  The romance that is a rose.

What do you see?

I know I'm stretching Bonnie's Photo Art Friday theme this week, it's suppose to be a shot that captures holiday preparations. But these beautiful roses were given to me to grace my booth at last week's Christmas Craft Show, so in a sense, it fits. There was definitely a lot of holiday preparations going on!

For the shot above I used Bonnie's new intensify texture, difference blend mode, 100%. I love the mystery it adds!

Here's a little before and after action for you...

 

Mouse over for before image

 

I've posted the screen shot recipe below, for those interested. The top texture is Bonnie's new Lover's Lament. Beautiful! Thank you, Bonnie for your generosity!

I hope you've enjoyed my roses! If they inspire you, please leave and comment and let me know!
 
Blessings,
Blog_Signature

Orange_Rose_Screenshot

Sharing inspiration here:

Photo Art Friday and then, she {snapped} Sweet Shot Day
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Very lovely. Huge difference between the before and after on the second one. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful image and I love seeing Bonnies new texture in action, thanks so much!
    Blessings
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, always love roses. Beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. Karen (visiting from PAF)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beatiful photos! Love it! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely transformations of an already beautiful rose. Thank you for sharing with Photo Art Friday!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June