Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, March 14, 2014

Inspired by . . . a heart for service

 

I was blessed to receive this beautiful shawl in the mail this week.

 

Shawl_dreamit

Textured with Kim's dreamit texture

 

My sweet friend Leah sent it to me. It was made by beautiful, dark-skinned women who live in a world vastly different from my own. I don't know their world, but Leah does.

Leah is a missionary with Pioneer Bible Translators. It may surprise you to learn that Leah is not a bible translator. Although she is part of a team that does bible translation, Leah's purpose it to help the people in the towns where she ministers to deal with, and ultimately overcome the trauma they've endured through tragic events that have all too often been part of their daily lives. 

Leah has dedicated this time in her life to minister to theses people who have, and are still, suffering so greatly. This is God's call on her life.

 

Shawl_Leah

 

I'm not called to do what Leah does. Maybe you are. Maybe you're not.

But we are all called to do something.

The shawl not only keeps me warm, but it reminds me to be intentional.

Intentional about praying for Leah.

Intentional about answering the call to service that God has placed on my life.

 

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,

which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  Eph 2:10

 

What have you found this week?

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Kim Klassen dot Com Missional Women Renewed Daily - Recommendation Saturday Ni Hao Yall Scripture and Snapshot

10 comments:

  1. June ... I love this, your gentle reminder to be intentional about how we live this day. It's too easy just to get swept along by whatever current tide is flowing.

    Thank you. Once again ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly respect and admire the ones called to serve in that kind of capacity. But I also agree with you that all of us are called for something. May we do it with a willing and joyous heart. And thanks for the reminder of our responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to connect with you, God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes the calling we have is difficult, stretching our abilities--a good reminder that we need the Lord's help. I have been struggling this past week. Thank-you for sharing Leah's story. Ephesians 2:10 is a favorite verse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! I've added Leah to my prayer list. Heart Hugs, Shelly <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful shawl, and in my favorite colors! I am currently reading Emily Freeman's A Million Little Ways, and learning to live the art I was created to live each day, being intentional to live out my gifts. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful shawl and a lovely post for a friend who is obviously very dear to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful post. What a wonderful gift from your friend, and how full of God's love she is to minister in this way. But, we can all help hurting people, we can all be used by God, as you so beautifully pointed out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The shawl not only keeps me warm, but it reminds me to be intentional."
    Love that. We are all called to do at least slightly different things, if not very different things, but for sure we can all be intentional about praying for each other. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June