Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Inspired by . . . looking back

 

For many of us the days between Christmas and New Year’s provides, at least some, time for quiet reflection. It’s hard to refrain from thinking back over the year and even more difficult not to look forward with great expectation.

Why shouldn’t we do both?

They say hindsight is 20/20. Looking back we can more clearly see the mistakes we’ve made, but more importantly, we see the lessons we’ve learned. We can also see the hand and footprints of a mighty God. Corrie Ten Boom said that memories are the key to the future. I believe she was right. God does not waste one single thing in your life, my friend. Whatever you are going through today, He can use to prepare you for the future.

 

TenBoomQuote

 

Ah, the future! 2015 is primed and ready to burst forth in just a few short hours. Father Time, born again with fresh new nappies. Like most new things the excitement quickly wears off and we fall into the mundane. But this need not be so! For there is one thing that truly is new every morning.

His mercy and grace!

No matter what you’ve done, how badly you’ve messed up, you can receive His forgiveness and begin anew.

There is no limit. Just like the manna the Israelites ate each morning in the desert wilderness, the Bread from Heaven, Jesus, gives Himself to you.

This is true every day, of every year.

So look back with an eye to the future – and look ahead with an eye to Christ!

 

Wishing you all JOY in 2015!

 

 

Blog_Signature

6 comments:

  1. Interestingly enough, June, that's exactly what I've done this week - looked back. Last year God gave me the word JOY as a *theme* for the year. And it was an often complicated and difficult journey. But, in looking back, I see God, every single step of the way!

    I will join you in looking forward to 2015 with all anticipation of the Lord working His wonders and teaching His lessons. I hope I learn well.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of looking back, and looking forward going on over here. The one theme I keep coming back to is this . . . God with us. And I burst with gratitude for His presence.
    Love you, June. Wishing you a Happy New Year!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this refreshing blog. Let's follow Him the, every new day. He's with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post! Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. week in and week out, you've been a steady, creative inspiriation for me, June. i'm beyond grateful that we get to do life together.

    hugs, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June