Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, March 9, 2015

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 11:52

While most of the country is shoulder-deep snow, we’ve been sloshing and sliding about in rain, mud and ICE. As far as that goes, I think I prefer the snow, although both can be equally beautiful.

 

IceCrystals_SOOC

 

Air_Plant_Ice

 

I wonder if the air plants can breathe when they’re covered in ice? I’ve felt like thin sheets have been covering my lungs these past weeks. Cold, sun-less days weigh heavily on my spirit. I force myself to go out in the cold, seeking beauty. Seeking Him.

 

IceCrystals_kk_poetic

ice crystals textured with kk_poetic exclusion blend mode

 

I know a lot of what I’m feeling is the grief, but still, the weather hasn’t helped. But God’s been calling me.

A gentle whisper, deep in my soul.

Mary Geisen describes it perfectly in her Weekend Brew post, “A low whisper that floats in on the wings of morning.”

He’s reminding me that He can be found inside these four walls, too. He’s here in the face of an orchid, still blooming after a month of grief.  His voice calls me to turn off the world and shelter with Him.

 

IceCrystals_Berries

 

As much as I want to think I need the warmth of the sun and the wide spaces of nature to nourish my soul, He’s reminding me that the Son is always with me. Inside these four walls where the grey light filters in from a sunless day, in the darkness of my grief - - the Son is here.

 

The city has no need of the sun or the moon to shine on it, because the glory of God shines on it, and the Lamb is its lamp. (Rev 21:23)

 

I know He’s calling me to a deeper trust, a deeper faith. My hesitancy comes from knowing that the deepening doesn’t come without scars.

 

IceCrystals_kk_littlethings

Ice Crystals textured with kk_littlethings exclusion blend mode

 

 But experience and His word remind me I can trust Him with my scars, because He first bore scars for me. That’s a hard concept to wrap my mind around sometimes. What He did for me. For you.

But it’s real, it’s true and it deserves a response.

 

So that’s my world and my

lens this week - what’s yours?

 

Going deeper,

June

 

Sharing inspiration here:

LTTLButton  Our_World_Tuesday

P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley
Kim Klassen {dot com}

25 comments:

  1. I just love the colors in your last photo. You've given me some ideas. Now to try and execute them... Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Lisa's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dear Friend, "He’s here in the face of an orchid, still blooming after a month of grief." That caught me in the throat. Love you bunches, and love seeing your view through the lens. Thanks for lifting up my Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing this & for visiting me at Doorkeeper. Blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, June. These photos were spectacular. I absolutely loved them all, but the first one was my favorite. A string of pearls.


    Yes, I know what you're talking about. I wrote today about testing, and how sometimes it all seems too much. But then, deeper than my desire for ease and comfort, is the desire to look like Jesus. And that is sometimes going to be a painful, wrenching, scar-filled process. Fortunately, He promises to be with us every step of the way, and He promises to bind up our wounds and lift our crushed spirits.


    I once called the journey *being carved deeper* - I think you know what I mean.


    GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, my friend, I do :) and so many images flash into my mind for that description, but my first thought was that you are my third blessing for "3 gifts carved" today! I know I'm behind a few years, but I've just started Ann Voskamp's JOY dare, counting 1000 gifts. I've found I need the daily ritual of counting my blessings lately. Thanks for visiting, it's always a JOY to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Roxi! Great to see you here! I'd love to see how you execute! I'm always inspired by what you create - please do let me know if this inspiration becomes a post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your visits are always a bright spot in my day, friend, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our weather has been the opposite. We've had days and days of sun and warm spring weather, our mountain snow levels are low, and we've not had our usual rain, rain, rain, and gray, gray, gray that Portland, Oregon is famous for. I feel like I'm in Southern California! Mid week we are supposed to get some rain, then back to sun for the end of the workweek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. June, You seek the Lord and his goodness even in grief, and that takes great courage and wisdom. I love your artful pictures of ice today - and hope that taking and editing them brought you some measure of peace. By giving voice to your pain and your struggles, you strengthen your faith . . . mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoyed your words today. Beautiful words as well as photos. Ice has a beauty all it's own....as long as it's temporary....and I don't have to drive on it!! Your faith is so evident in your writing. Bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ice crystaals captured. Here it is warm enough that we have wasps out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grief? Oh, my, I feel I have missed something here.


    Your ice crystals are so beautiful, as is the edited piece. Now, off to read what I have missed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good lesson… Our Father is in everything and every lesson. I hear, June. You and I are two peas in a pod… glad my side's not frozen… Spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our weather patterns are getting stranger and stranger, aren't they? I guess we really shouldn't be surprised though. I hope those low snow levels don't translate to a summer drought :( Thanks for joining the conversation, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ouch, do ya have to rub it in? There are things I miss about AZ and February is one of them. Always a spectacular month! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. No, no, no! When I say, "Spring is coming", I mean it's gonna be blazing hot before we know it! You remember how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, yes! 117 in the shade - that I do not miss :) Any trips to SA planned this summer? my husband and I would enjoy meeting you IRL. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Most likely. My wife and I really enjoy it there and I might be able to mix it with some business. I was in Austin a couple of weeks ago... Man it was cold! I will definitely keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did enjoy playing with Kim's textures, you never know what might emerge! Thank you for your kind words, Donna, I'm so glad these words encouraged you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Lisa, and I agree with you about driving on ice - that is the worst! It's so good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't envy you your wasps, Abrianna - stay clear! Our front porch is covered in moths these past warm days and the Phoebe is coming by for breakfast every morning, lol. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're probably ready for some cooler weather - it's fun to trade seasons. We can each enjoy the other from different climes! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah friend, grief is such a personal road... it takes time to heal, I truly believe that, and I believe in Psalm 147:3. Until then, I pray for sunshine in your life. But I kind of do love those ice photos. Ice is so destructive, yet so breathtakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for the prayers of sunshine, my friend - they are being heard!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June