Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Inspired by . . . fledge day!

Monday was a big day for the Mockingbird family, and for me, too! It was little MB’s first flight, and my first time witnessing a baby fledge the nest!

The lighting wasn’t the best, I put in a request that next time they fledge during the golden hour, but I think you’ll enjoy seeing little MB’s first big adventure.

The day began like every other day . . .

 

Mockingbird_BabyinNest

 

Life on the edge feels good, I think I’ll sit here awhile . . .

 

Mockingbird_BabyEdgeofNest

Out on a limb . . .

Mockingbird_BabyonBranch

 

A little wobbly . . .

 

Mockingbird_BabyonBranch2

 

Once MB left the nest, the parents kept coming back with food in their beak, but they wouldn’t feed him. They would come close, and then fly away.

 

MockingbirdMamaflying

 

I think they were trying to get him to follow them.

 

MockbirdMamaonRock

 

Once MB flew out of the tree, he stayed on the ground, hopping around. That made me nervous, but I knew I couldn’t intervene.

 

MockingbirdMamaandBaby

 

Still trying to get mama to feed him. I think she obliged him this time.

 

MockingbirdBaby_road

 

My final shot. MB hopped across the driveway and disappeared into the tall grasses with his parents. I haven’t seen him since, but trying to find a baby bird around here is like trying to find a needle in a haystack! I hope to have some time this weekend to follow his parents around and see if I can catch a glimpse of him.

So, MB is off on his great adventure! He has a lot to live up to, being the Texas state bird and all, but I think he’ll do just fine!

 

Have a wonder-filled week!

Blog_Signature

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Wild Bird Wednesday

Little by Little

Our_World_Tuesday     NatureNotes

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June