Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Saturday, October 3, 2015

Inspired by . . . Day 3: His Name, Jehovah-M’Kaddesh

 

write31days_button

 

Jehovah-mekoddishkem

The God who sanctifies.

qâdash
kaw-dash'
A primitive root; to be made clean (ceremonially or morally): - appoint, bid, consecrate, dedicate, defile, hallow, (be, keep) holy (-er, place), keep, prepare, proclaim, purify, sanctify (-ied one, self)

 

Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

And ye shall keep My statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you. Lev 20:7-8

 

A God separate from all that is evil requires His people to be cleansed from all evil.

Oh, how we need this sanctifying power of God in our world, in our very lives today!

Yesterday we talked about how we are to respect and reverence God’s holy name, today we look at ourselves, at our lives and our actions.  Are we living a sanctified life?

 

So then, my friends, because of God's great mercy to us I appeal to you:

Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God,

dedicated to His service and pleasing to Him.

This is the true worship that you should offer.
Rom 12:1

 

Perhaps we are trying our best to do this, to live a life pleasing to God. But we fall short, and become frustrated.

Let us remember, it is God Who sanctifies. He is the One Who provides the means of sanctification, through which He sets believers apart for His purposes.

 

"You are to speak to the people of Israel and say,

'Above all you shall keep My Sabbaths,

for this is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations,

that you may know that I, the LORD, sanctify you.
Exo 31:13

 

And the means of sanctification is offered through the Person and sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

 

So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through His own blood. Heb 13:12

 

Isaiah43_1

 

Jesus prayed for His disciples and He prayed for us when He asked God in John 17 to:  Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth.

It is through the believing in and the doing of His word that the sanctification process takes place. If you’re struggling to live a life sanctified to Him, I encourage you to look at how much time you’re spending in the word.

How can a young man keep his way pure?

By guarding it according to Your word.

With my whole heart I seek You;

let me not wander from Your commandments!

I have stored up Your word in my heart,

that I might not sin against You.
Psa 119:9-11

This is my prayer for us today:

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely,

and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless

at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Th 5:23

Amen,

Blog_Signature

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,

Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,

Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,

#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,

Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,

Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,

#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday, #write31days

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June