Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Inspired by . . . Day 6: His Character, Good

 

write31days_button

 

God is good.

All the time.

All the time, God is good.

Do you believe this, Beloved?

No, really. Deep down in your heart of hearts where you speak truth to yourself, do you believe that God is good? All the time?

Because if you don’t, it will taint your entire relationship with Him. Having a cynical view of God’s goodness will affect how you pray, how you worship, and how you live.

I know because I fight this battle constantly.

Oh, I know God CAN work all things for good -  - but do I believe He WILL ?

The enemy doesn’t so much mind us believing God is Mighty and Powerful, but he really doesn’t want us to believe that God is good.

So he will gleefully point out where God has “failed us”, without reminding us of this truth: “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the LORD.” Isa 55:8

The truth, Beloved, is that God is the embodiment of perfect goodness, and is kind, benevolent, and full of goodwill toward all of His creation.

 

Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word.

You are good and do good; teach me Your statutes.

The insolent smear me with lies, but with my whole heart I keep Your precepts;

their heart is unfeeling like fat, but I delight in Your law.

It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn Your statutes.

The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.
Psa 119:67-72

 

Sometimes it is the trial in life that saves us.

 

Proverbs3_5

 

Lord, we acknowledge that You are good.

All the time.

We believe this with all our hearts.

Lord, help our unbelief.

We trust You with all our hearts,

and claim Your promise to direct our lives along

straight paths.

In Jesus name,

Amen,

Blog_Signature

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,

Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,

Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,

#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,

Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,

Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,

#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday, #write31days

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June