Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, November 20, 2015

Inspired by . . . Grateful Series III: “more please!”

 

I’ve been pondering how often I receive a blessing from God, thank Him for it, and then immediately move on wondering, what’s next?

Like the child who says “thank you” out of obedience and then immediately asks “more please.”

Always looking to the next or bigger blessing reveals a dissatisfied spirit.

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Php 4:11-13

Certainly I can be grateful without always being content, but for my gratitude to be truly pleasing to God, I believe it should walk hand-in-hand with a spirit of contentment.

A grateful perspective realizes God gave us the good we have, responds with praise, and then believes His good is enough.

Cultivating a spirit of gratitude laced with contentment is as easy as looking at your life.

Every day, take time to look around you and thank God for what you see.

But don’t stop there . . .

 

RedLeaf_purple

 

. . . tell Him it’s enough.

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

*Thoughts inspired by the I’m Grateful reading plan at Bible.com

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,

Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,

Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,

#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,

Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,

Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,

#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June