Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, November 23, 2015

Inspired by . . . serial novels

Hello, friends, Jonathan Graham here, stepping in for June today.

It seems it happens every year, the holidays are upon us before we’ve fully recovered from summer. Pilgrims and pumpkins are whisked off the shelves, replaced with Rudolph the reindeer and laughing Santas before we’ve even had the chance to honor the meaning of the moment.

My thoughts always turn to Dickens this time of year. I’ve watched A Christmas Carol every year since as long as I can remember. And every time I see it, I’m encouraged to honor the spirit of Christmas throughout the year.

 

 

Poinsettia

 

Those of you familiar with Dickens probably know that every one of his novels was published serially--that is, the novels appeared not all at once, but in parts or installments, over a space of time. There were various reasons for this, one of them being that the cost to purchase a complete novel was well above what most people could afford in those days, while each installment cost only a shilling. Much as changed in the literary world over the last 150  years.

With the invention of electronic readers the cost of the texts has gone down, and with it the need for large spaces in which to house the books that fulfill {some of} our insatiable appetite for the written word. Personally, there are still some texts that I want, no need, to hold in my hands and smell the ink, but I also have a vast electronic library that continues to grow.

There is no shortage of books, even good books. What I find to be in short supply of, as I’m sure most of you do as well . . .

. . . is time.

It is with all this in mind that we have decided to release June’s next book as a serial novel.

No Tomorrow will be released in six, time-manageable installments, over the course of the next four to six months. The first installment is available now for pre-order , and releases this Sunday! Just in time to wrap up your holiday weekend with cup of tea and a new book!

 

NT_Cover_ActI

 

 With Thanksgiving upon us, June and I are counting our blessings. I know I speak for her when I say, one of our biggest blessings is all of YOU!  Your readership and support is of great encouragement and inspiration.

Thank you!

Jonathan

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,

Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,

Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,

#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,

Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,

Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,

#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June