Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Inspired by . . . new and a year in review

Star Wars isn't the only story ever written that doesn't start at the beginning. I've read others, only to discover that there was a new Prequel that had just be released. Prequels often add a backstory and fill in the gaps, fleshing out characters that may not have had as prominent a role in the main story.

When God gave me the word new as my one word for 2015, I had no idea what the year would bring. Now that we're quickly approaching 2016, the word new still resonates strongly. Looking back, I feel like 2015 was the end, rather than the beginning . . . as if 2016 might be the prequel to something . . . new.




That may have something to do with how the year began. With loss.


Early in 2015 a new void was created in my life when my dad unexpectedly passed away. The loss set the tone for much of the year, and the grief still lingers.

Although there was much JOY and blessing this year, I feel as if only part of me was engaged after that fateful day in February. I don't mean to sound melodramatic, and perhaps those of you who have suffered a similar loss can relate. There is a part of me that hasn't moved on. A part of me that is not embracing the fullness of life. 

This feeling will pass, I'm sure. But perhaps I have to go back, in a sense, before I can move forward again.

Time will tell.

There were other new experiences for me in 2015, some of which I have plans to share in various ways. But for now, I'll leave you with a visual recap:

2015 in photos. (And it was really hard to choose!)



So, here's to a a new start, and
another year of . . .
new.

Are you choosing a one word for 2016?

Blessings,









Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Sweet Shot Tuesday, Through My Lens, Little Things Thursdays,
Bird D’pot, Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens, Wild Bird Wednesday,
Our World Tuesday, Community Global

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June