Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, February 1, 2016

Inspired by . . . bereavement





My perpetual calendar stands frozen in time. I haven't had the heart to move it past February 3rd. In a couple of days it will be correct for the first time in a year. If I had a Delorean, this is the date I'd go back to. I'd visit dad in the evening, and stay with him through the night. I'd be with him in the morning when he took his last breath. I'd make sure he knew . . . 

I love him.

I can remember struggling to write his obituary. How do you reduce 85 years of a man's life into a few paragraphs? He was, and he remains:

A son, a brother, a friend, a student, a soldier, an American, a Christian, a husband, a mason, a mail-carrier, a school bus driver, a farmer, a board member, a neighbor, an elder, a genealogist, and a dad.

My dad. And he knew. I know he knew.

I love him.

But what's more, I know he knew Him.

And that gives me peace.

None of us are immune or strangers to loss. We've all lost something. Whether it be the loss of a loved one, or of a dream, we've all been deprived of something or someone at one time or another. The depth of relationship and circumstances of the loss can affect how well we cope. 




If you're grieving someone or something, no matter how big or small, I encourage you to be gentle with yourself. Be honest with yourself, and with others about your feelings. Don't be ashamed of your feelings. Our journeys of grief all look different. There is no right or wrong way to grieve, or a set amount of time to 'deal with it.'

Grief is not a journey into darkness. It is a process of release. Of letting go and, for ourselves, of restoration. Pray through the dark moments. Remain in the Word.
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that He might be glorified. (Isa 61:3)

I am learning something new: It is in death that God brings life.
Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not see it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.  (Isa 43:19)

He will do it in your circumstance, too. I promise. Watch for it. Do you not see? Look for it with eyes of faith.

Sometimes, we need to learn to perceive things differently. Faith eyes.

God makes a way in the post-death wilderness. He refines us, changes us. Gives us new life.






Trust Him to refine you into the person He created you to be.

Blessings,





Sharing inspiration here:
Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June