Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, February 12, 2016

Inspired by . . . Psalm 120: Deceitful Lips

It seems strange somehow to be meditating on the sorrow of the cross during these weeks when the earth is budding with new life. But our walk with Jesus is a walk toward darkness. He was a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief. 




Sunday's coming, but there is a high price to pay to get there. Focusing on the price now, makes the prize that much more meaningful.

At first I thought, did we get it wrong, this church calendar thing? Shouldn't the rhythm of God's created line up with His creation?

But then I realized how perfect it is to be walking this road to Calvary while the earth is exploding with new life. What would winter be without the hope of spring? The days of mourning without the hope of gladness? The cross without the resurrection? Death without the hope of eternal life?

As we meditate on the sorrow of the cross, and walk with Jesus into the darkness, God's creation reminds us of the light and grace that is to come. It gives us hope to bear the sorrow.





A Song of Ascents. In my distress I called to the LORD, and He answered me. Deliver me, O LORD, from lying lips, from a deceitful tongue. What shall be given to you, and what more shall be done to you, you deceitful tongue? A warrior's sharp arrows, with glowing coals of the broom tree! Woe to me, that I sojourn in Meshech, that I dwell among the tents of Kedar! Too long have I had my dwelling among those who hate peace. I am for peace, but when I speak, they are for war! (Psa 120:1-7)


In Psalm 120, the first psalm of ascent, we find David crying out to the Lord for deliverance from those who hate peace. From those who lie to cause him harm, and spread deceit for their own gain.  

We remember that our Savior also endured the pain of deceitful lips. Those whom He came to save, caused Him the most harm.

In the psalm, David is speaking of real men who sought to destroy him. Maybe you have deceitful people in your life, too. Or maybe you are your own worst enemy. Sometimes, when we begin an emptying of ourselves, to make room for God, the enemy decides to step up his game. He whispers half-truths, and lies to make us critical of ourselves, and take our focus off our Savior.

When this happens we need to take a lesson from David, and cry out to the Lord for deliverance! Yes, it's really that simple. God will hear our prayer and act. Just as He did for David, just as He has always done.





Remember, we don't walk this, or any road alone. 

There's not a place where you'll go, 
He's not already stood. 

Shalom,






Sharing inspiration here:
Playdates with God, Testimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Weekend Whispers,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Still Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June