Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 9:52

This week's lens is all about birds, burial and buds.

First the buds. The Texas Redbud are the first sign of spring, and they sure put on a show!


The birds:

Two exciting captures this week! First, the Western Meadowlark. Or should I say, the FRONT of the Meadowlark. The picture is blurred, but I wanted you to see their beautiful front plumage. Very different from the backside, shared in this post.


Keeping with the yellow theme, my second exciting capture was the female Gold-fronted Woodpecker. Until now, it's always been the Mr. stealing the show . . . and the suet!



This sweet little bird is a Field Sparrow


A rather common name for a bird with such pretty markings, don't you think?


They don't seem to be afraid of the big boys either! How many birds can you spot in this picture? {answer at the end of the post}


Now my segue from birds to burial . . . my Dreamer and I visited the historic cemetery, Der Stadt Friedhof, The City Cemetery, in Fredericksburg, TX this past weekend. 


We were serenaded the entire time by a chorus of birdsong. You wouldn't believe all the songbirds! Um, well, actually there were only two.


I think I'm being mocked.

You can always count on the Texas state bird to sing the prettiest of ballads. Even if he did steal the notes from someone else. A pair of Northern Mockingbirds kept us entertained as we meandered through the graves.


Founded as a pioneer cemetery in 1846, many of the stones here are over 150 years old.





One engraving stood out poignantly above the rest.

UNKNOWN
Here lies the body 
of a young man 
found at Williams Creek
in 1952
Laid to rest
with Christian ceremonies
April 10, 2007


I'm so thankful that, whether we are known in this life, or pass through it in relative obscurity Jesus knows my name. 
He knows your name.
We may be of little importance here on earth, but we are of great significance to Him.
***

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him. (Joh 3:16-17)
***

What are you seeing through
your lens this week?

Blessings, 


Answer (4):



Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My Lens, Little Things Thursdays,
Bird D’pot, Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens, Wild Bird Wednesday,
Our World Tuesday, Community Global, Photo Friday, Small Wonders

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June