Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, March 25, 2016

Inspired by . . . Psalm 126

What's your story?

We all have one. What we tell, and how we tell our stories is as unique as the stories themselves. All stories have a beginning and an end. But some have more than one beginning.

Although Jesus had me in mind from the beginning of time, for me, my story began the day I was born. Thus the story of my life began to unfold. Over time, I experienced the good, the bad and the ugly.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Rom 3:23)
Then, one day, Jesus opened my eyes to His truth. I became aware of my sin, confessed it, turned away from it, and asked Him to forgive me. He did. He already had.
But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Rom 5:8)
A new beginning.


Jesus created in me a new heart. He put His Spirit in me and made me, is making me, the person I am today.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new had come. (2 Cor 5:17)
Still flawed, yet new, being transformed, bit-by-bit, into His likeness.
And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. (Php 1:6)
Maybe this is true of you, too. If so, you can relate to the JOY of Psalm 126.


A Song of Ascents. When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them. The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. (Psa 126:1-6)
The psalmist sings Israel's story. But it is a story we, as believers, can share.

Don't let the term "turn{ed} again" confuse you. It's the Hebrew word shûb, and it means to restore, to bring back home. Isn't that a wonderful picture? The Israelis thought so. They had been long years in captivity. The very idea of being free was like a dream to them.
“Is this a dream? O, if it be a dream,
Let me sleep on, and do not wake me yet.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Psalm 126 praises God for His deliverance from captivity. God's people had been taken from their homes and held captive in a foreign land. Our captivity is not a physical, but a spiritual one. We were once held captive by sin.

We can't defeat sin on our own. It took the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross to conquer sin, once, for all.
"O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1Co 15:55-57)
We can all sing this song of mercy's sweetness.

Have you tasted it?

Oh, how sweet it is to be freed from the bonds of sin! To be restored - - made new!



Rejoice!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June