Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 23:52

Last week's post was dubbed the front porch edition so I'll have to call this one "the bees and the birds."

These first two are for you, Floyd.




We have a red-tailed hawk, or two, in the area. I see them just about every day. More often that not, they're being chased by another bird. Usually the flycatchers, but sometimes the mocking birds. I've shared about these attacks before. It amazes me that the hawks don't just turn and chomp the much smaller birds. Maybe they just don't know they can. Whatever the reason, I'm thankful.


 

On this particular day, the flycatcher chased the hawk to the cell tower just to the south of us. I had to laugh as the little bird sat on one of the wires holding the tower in place and "guarded" the hawk for nearly half an hour!

We have more flycatchers than ever this year! I've counted five different kinds. The Phoebe, Vermilion and Scissor-tails are easy to identify, but these guys are giving me trouble.




At first I thought they were the Great-crested flycatchers, but now I'm leaning more toward the Ash-throated Flycatcher. Honestly, it's a problem I don't mind having.

I was thrilled to get a picture of the Mr. & Mrs. Golden-fronted Woodpeckers together. They almost always feed separately. This is the first year I've seen the female. 



The hummingbirds, however, were less than thrilled about sharing their nectar, and let the woodpeckers know it! This ritual now goes on every day.



Earlier this week I made a list of all the things that I love about summer. It's a very long list. Hummingbirds easily made the top three.






What are you seeing
through your lens this week?

Blessings,


Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My Lens, Little Things Thursdays,
Bird D’pot, Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens, Wild Bird Wednesday,
Our World Tuesday, Community Global, Photo Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June