Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 32:52

The Mockingbirds have built another nest. They built in the same tree last year, but the nest was destroyed during a storm. I was excited to see the second nest because I'd missed fledge day from their previous nest in the cottonwood tree. So I've been keeping an eye out, checking the nest a couple of times a day, from the ground.

Once I started to hear little peeps, I decided to climb up and get a closer look. Following correct nest-watching procedure, I waited until momma had flown away. Unlike other species who don't seem too interested, Mockingbirds do not like you messing with their babies!

Momma was back in a flash and let me know, in no uncertain terms, that I had gotten too close.



Note the motion in this picture, yeah, she is talking to me! I retreated and she calmed down.



We both decided to call it a night.



But I was back the next day, with my zoom. See the little orange beak on the left, under the leaf?



Now they're getting excited about dinner!




I think there are at least three, but I haven't been able to get close enough to confirm.



These were taken late last week and I noticed this morning that they are getting their feathers already. So I need to take more pictures for you! Last year only one chick fledged from the nest in my front yard. So I'm really pleased to see at least three of these little guys this year! Stay tuned!

We had a new visitor to the yard this week! I've had three sightings so far. But the elusive Painted Bunting has been a bit camera shy. This photo was taken through my kitchen window and he was pretty far away. Not the best shot, but you can still get a glimpse at their amazing coloring! This bird is aptly named!



In honor of the stellar Olympic performances this week by Team USA, I leave you with some bathing beauties! {Go USA!}


Lesser Goldfinch
What are you seeing
through your lens this week?

Blessings,

Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My Lens, Little Things Thursdays,
Bird D’pot, Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens, Wild Bird Wednesday,
Our World Tuesday, Community Global, Photo Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June