Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, December 22, 2016


This, on sitting in the presence of Jesus:
And if you hear nothing, let it be for now.
We can't rush the birthing process. Maybe it just needs a little more time in the darkness before pushing its way into the light.
Wise words from Emily P Freeman.

Today is the Winter Solstice. The shortest day of the year. The longest night.



I would not do well in the long winters of Alaska or Antartica. I crave the Light.

This year Advent has taught me that I'm in a season of darkness.

Yet Emily's words give me HOPE.

While I may not like the season I'm in, her words tell me it's okay.


The Light will come.

God has also been speaking this truth to my heart. Most recently through a small part of the Christmas story.
When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby moved within her. Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and said in a loud voice, "You are the most blessed of all women, and blessed is the Child you will bear! Why should this great thing happen to me, that my Lord's mother comes to visit me? For as soon as I heard your greeting, the baby within me jumped with gladness. How happy you are to believe that the Lord's message to you will come true!" (Luk 1:41-45)
There is all joy radiating from the passage above! But Elizabeth's life had not been characterized by joy. Joy had come into her life but a short six months before. Prior to that time, Elizabeth had been barren. In that day, in that culture, children were a sign of the Lord's favor. But Elizabeth had not been favored.

The scriptures don't tell us but we can imagine that Elizabeth sought the Lord daily in prayer, asking Him for a child. Was her life filled with divine whispers of "wait" or was God silent? 

We don't know. But we can feel Elizabeth's pain.

We all experience times of barrenness. Real or figurative. 

We all have seasons of darkness.

But here's the thing: God has an amazing, life-changing, joyful plan for humanity! And Elizabeth played a vital role in that plan. God blessed Elizabeth's obedience and faith with a baby boy who would baptize the very Son of God.


Elizabeth didn't know or understand all of what God was doing. But she was going to have a baby! And after 400 years of silence, an angel had appeared bringing God's message of a Savior!

Her hope and joy were overflowing.

How long have you been waiting to hear from God?

However long, I encourage you, do not lose HOPE. For we walk by faith, not by sight.

God has a purpose for your life. He has a plan for the redemption of His people and we, as believers, play a vital role in His plan.




Christmas blessings,






Sharing inspiration here:
Small WondersTestimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June