Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, May 25, 2017

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 21:52

We had European visitors this week.

Large expanses of our fields were mowed earlier in the week. If Texas heat records hold this year, it will likely be the last time we have to mow the fields before fall. Mowing always attracts the seed and insect eaters. Last year, a flock of male great-tailed grackles took up residence for a few days, much to the chagrin of the scissor-tails and the mockingbirds.

This year a small flock of European Starlings showed up to indulge. 



I believe this is a juvenile.



Bambi is growing up fast.



He's interested in meeting our European visitors, too!


This isn't the best picture but I thought the image of the bee was fun. It's so good to see more of them coming around this year.



I don't know if this is my juvenile from last month, now in full plumage, or if it's another [adullt] male. Either way, I was thrilled to see this Summer Tanager! I wish I could have gotten a clear picture of him for you. This was taken through my window.



I've spotted a greenish-hued bird a couple of times in the last week but haven't yet captured her on film. I think she is a painted bunting. Hoping to have time this weekend to sit and observe!

It's hard to believe June begins next week! We've been blessed with cooler temps late into May this year. June is my favorite month and, although it's going to be busy, I intend to savor each and every day!


Are you ready for summer?

Have a wonder-filled week!





Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June