Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, December 18, 2017

Inspired by . . . A Season in Scripture XI



And Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for He has looked on the humble estate of His servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. And His mercy is for those who fear Him from generation to generation. (Luk 1:46-50)

Mary's world had been turned upside down by the visit from the angel and she had just arrived at her cousin's house after an arduous journey. This was far from a quiet and reflective time for her. Yet she praises God for the blessing she has received.

During the next two weeks, which are likely the busiest of the year, you will hear many calls to "slow down."

Rather than being stressed about trying to de-stress our lives, let us, like Mary, learn to praise God amidst the craziness. Let us invite Him to be present in our moments of rushing to the cousin's house, rushing to pick up the turkey, rushing to get ready for the Christmas play. Rushing, rushing.

By all means, grab the moment of peace if you can but the wonder of His coming is that He is Immanuel; God with us.

He is with us everywhere - may we simply be aware.

Shalom,

The series:
A Season in Scripture I
A Season in Scripture II
A Season in Scripture III 
A Season in Scripture IV
A Season in Scripture V 
A Season in Scripture VI
A Season in Scripture VII

A Season in Scripture VIII
A Season in Scripture IX
A Season in Scripture X


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June