Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens 8:52

The Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) was this past weekend. Did you participate? 

This is a worldwide event that takes place every February. This year's top checklist submissions came in from the United States, India, Canada, Australia, and Spain. Top-ranked by the number of species reported, Brazil came in at 814 species!

You can find this year's photo submissions here: 2018 Contest

Despite the yucky weather, my personal count came in at 14 species. I counted on Friday and Saturday. The weather both days was poor. In fact, on Saturday I counted from my kitchen window!

All but five of these pictures were taken during the count. They are mostly for documentation and some, like the Eastern Bluebird, were taken from several hundred yards away. Please forgive the poor quality.



From left to right, top to bottom:

Gold-fronted Woodpecker
Black-crested Titmouse
Northern Cardinal
Eastern Bluebird
Cedar Waxwing 
Black Vulture 
Lesser Goldfinch
Carolina Wren
Killdeer
White-winged Dove
Carolina Chickadee
Woodhouse's Scrub Jay
Chipping Sparrow
Eastern Phoebe

What are you seeing through your lens this week?


Have a wonder-filled week, friends,

Sharing inspiration here:
Nature Notes, Through My LensBird D’pot,
Saturday’s Critters, Life thru the Lens,
Wild Bird WednesdayOur World Tuesday,
Community Global, Photo Friday, Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June