Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, January 10, 2020

Inspired by . . . Taking Him at His word



Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 NKJV

What if 2020 is the year of REST?

Most of you will simply dismiss this outrageous statement out of hand. But for some, the words will strike a chord deep within.

R E S T

The very word spoken upon a lingering sigh is like a glimpse of heaven.

For some of us, a day of rest is hardly achievable, let alone an entire year.

But what is we took Him at His word. Even more, what if we learned to obey His word?

Come to Me.

He calls us all into His rest. How we get there will look different for each of us.

I believe He wants this for each of us and that, if we ask Him, He will teach us to fan the single chords of desire into a full song that will permeate every aspect of our lives.

Let us not be like there Israelites who refused His rest! 
Thus says the Lord : “Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is, And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls. But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’ Jeremiah 6:16 NKJV
Rather, may we heed the voice that says, "This is the way; follow it."

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June