Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Sunday, March 8, 2020







"My promise," he said, his voice barely audible over the crashing waves.

We stood under a canopy of palm fronds, our toes digging into the sand. The officiant wore RayBans and Tommy Bahama. I inhaled the salty air and made my own pledge.

I wasn't young or naive, but I believed those pineapple-sweet words.

*****

What do you think? did he keep his promise? did she?

We've all experienced the reality of broken promises. 

There is One who never breaks a promise. Indeed, He cannot.
God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good? Numbers 23:19
He promises mercy, new every morning, so great is His faithfulness to us. (Lam 3:22-23) He promises to be with us always, to strengthen, and to guide us. (Isa 41:10; Isa 30:21)

Any temptation to doubt these truths is from the enemy and must be resisted. Immerse yourself in the Word. Meditate on it as you read, looking to God for help, guidance, and direction.

This practice will never fail you and will bring the enemy to utter ruin.

Shalom.









No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June