Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, July 20, 2020

Inspired by . . . Life thru My Lens Revisited: Vol. III

Hello, friends!
Welcome to another Life thru My Lens post!

Despite the heat, the birds have been very active in my yard. There are a lot of babies around right now. They aren't as pretty as their parents but they are always entertaining to watch!


You always know when the Woodhouse's Scrub Jays are in the yard. They are loud! and even the squirrels keep a respectful distance.  They are really enjoying the peanut suet.



The Northern Cardinal youngsters can be pretty scraggly looking at times. At this age, the male and female look pretty much the same except for their beaks. The female has an orange beak. So big sis is shown here feeding her little brother.


This Mockingbird baby is already as big as his parents when he leaves the nest. This guy was hiding from me under one of my rose bushes. I suspect he had gotten his feathers wet in the sprinkler and was having trouble flying.


The Scissor-tail Flycatchers are such a fun bird! I have a soft-spot for flycatchers and this one is a favorite. We have at least one pair every year, sometimes more. This year one pair and they had two babies. Things can get pretty nosey when they're out feeding.


I included this shot of one of the parents so you can see how long their tails get when they are adults. The tail separates in flight, hence their name. They are impressive to watch.

On a non-avian note, I'm enjoying my Pioneer Roses very much!  


This is Joe Woodard. He has a spicy scent that I just love!

Have a wonder-filled week, friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June