Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Inspired by... the Master's hand

 

What do you notice first about people? Their hair maybe, or their eyes? A friend of mine always used to comment on peoples teeth. And I had another friend with a shoe fetish who always noticed what people were wearing on their feet!

I tend to notice hands.

 

Scott_Me

Nearly everything we do, we do with our hands. Think of the significance of that fact.  Something we I take for granted every day has such a significant impact in my life. In the lives of others.

I think I just found another word to add to my Grateful board: Hands

 

Thank you, Lord, for my hands. And for the hands of others that touch my life.

 

My dad's hands.

Dad_textured

 

A Mother's hands.

Kristy

 

My Pastor's hands.

Pastor_Eric

 

My friend's hands.

Margo

 

My Savior's hands.

nail-scarred-hands

You know there's many a man with his life out of tune,
Battered and scared with sin and he’s auctioned cheap,
To a thankless world much like that old violin,
Oh, but then the Master comes,
And that old foolish crowd they never understand,
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought,
Just by one touch of the Masters hand.

 

Whose hands are you thankful for today?

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

Song credit: The Touch of the Master's Hand by Wayne Watson

My dad's hands photo recipe: Layer one- screen blend; layer two- Kim's autumnburst texture, multiply mode 42%; layer three – Kim's seriousmagic texture, screen blend 100%

A Mother's hands photo recipe: texture layer, Kim's reversettvframe, screen blend 100%

 

Sharing inspiration here:

kimklassencafe and then, she {snapped}

6 comments:

  1. I love your post. The simplicity of the subject and the words are so touching. When I see photos of hands I think of all the things that we do with our hands and without them we could not touch or feel. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were thinking alike! : )

    Very moving post and wonderful pictures of hands -- I never really thought about it before, but yes, I am very grateful to have hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my all time favorite songs! There is much to be grateful in hands; I love holding the hands of my family--my eleven year old son will even still hold hands. Such a simple way to say you matter and I care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .. it's pretty easy for me. I am always thankful for my husband's hand that holds mine. :) nice post! thank you for stopping by!
    Mira

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was beautiful - those hands in the last picture are what my life is worth living for.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June