Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Sunday, September 11, 2011

Inspired by... sweet mercies

 

Though God may, at times, withhold the rain...

 

Ground_Cracked

"But I am the LORD your God

from the land of Egypt;

you know no God but me,

and besides me there is no savior.

It was I who knew you in the wilderness,

in the land of drought;

but when they had grazed, they became full,

they were filled, and their heart was lifted up;

therefore they forgot me." (Hosea 13:4-6)

 

"And now I will tell you

what I will do to my vineyard.

I will also command the clouds

that they rain no rain upon it." (Isaiah 5:5, 7)

 

He will never withhold His mercy.

 

Abundant_Rain

(Joel 2:23)

Come, thou Fount of every blessing,

tune my heart to sing Thy grace;

streams of mercy never ceasing,

call for songs of loudest praise.

 

Shower_from_Above

(Isaiah 45:8)

Let Your mercies fall from heaven
Sweet mercies flow from heaven
New mercies for today
Shower them down Lord as we pray

 

There are reasons for the drought we're facing here in Texas. Good, perfect and eternal reasons which I can never hope to know or understand. God is God and I am not (yet another thing to be thankful for!).

Yet, as I prayed for rain today, and sang these beautiful songs of hope, I saw in our Texas drought a reflection of the much larger, spiritual drought, in our nation.

 

We do indeed require God's mercy.

 

"You forget God, but think well on this,

lest I tear you in pieces and there be no

one to save you:

he honours me who offers a sacrifice of

thanksgiving,

and to him who follows my way

I shall show the salvation of God." (Psalm 50:22-23)

 

Thankfully, He extends it freely, a gift of abundant grace.

 

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,

whose trust is the LORD.

He is like a tree planted by water,

that sends out its roots by the stream,

and does not fear when heat comes,

for its leaves remain green,

and is not anxious in the year of drought,

for it does not cease to bear fruit." (Jeremiah 17:7-9)

 

Where are you planted?

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

Song credits:

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing, by Robert Robinson, 1735-1790

Sweet Mercies, by David Ruis

 

Sharing inspiration here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June