Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Inspired by... yarn

 

Yarn seems to be my Fall theme this year, although it has been too hot here in Texas to actually wear any yet (as in sweaters).  Last week I shared with you my yarn votives and now I'm back again with my Fall Yarn Wreath.

 

Kusudama_Yarn_Wreath

 

Those of you who have been following for awhile might recognize the, ah, form. Yes, this is the third go 'round for this poor, slightly mis-shapen wreath form. You may view the other two wreaths here and here. In the latter post I may have mentioned that it would be the last recycle, but a girl has a right to change her mind, right?? Right?!

I've seen so many beautiful yarn wreaths around blog land and I knew I wanted to make one. Fall seemed like the perfect season for a wreath made with yarn! I've been working on these tedious beautiful Kusudama flowers, making them for a Kusudama Ball and decided, after completing six, that I really wanted to do one for Christmas, using different paper.

 

Kusudama_Three_Flowers

 

When it came time to decide what to use to decorate the wreath, I thought these would be perfect!

 

Kusudama_Closeup

 

Somehow my Fall wreath didn't seem complete without some dried flowers, so I added those too.

 

Dried_UpClose

 

I am pleased with the blending of the colors and think they work well against our warm, honey-colored front door.

 

Dried_Detail

 

What do you think?

 

Fall_Wreath_Angle

Have you made a Fall wreath for your door yet?

Whether you have or not, I encourage you to click on over to Rhoda's place at Southern Hospitality to check out all the inspiration at her Door Decor Autumn Link Party!

 

Happy Fall Y'all~!

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

HookingupwithHoH Somewhat Simple UndertheTableandDreaming

image_thumb[3]

2 comments:

  1. Clever reuse of your wreath form, it turned out so cute! Love the flowers,I use those too. You could hide the slight problems with this wreath's shape by using loads of Christmas balls or pine cones. Or add a layer of batting to even it out before yarn wrapping it. There might be another life for this wreath yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, June those flowers are beautiful! Hope you get to use that wreath again this fall!!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June