Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Sunday, September 14, 2014

Inspired by . . . blogs that inspire {Vol. II}

 

As Shelly would say, we are best when we are in community, and that is {part of} the premise behind this series.

 

BirdhouseCommunity

 

Here’s a look at what’s inspiring me this month:

Denise J. Hughes, embracing grace & truth – I can’t remember how I first discovered Denise and her beautiful blog, but it didn’t take much reading before I was clicking that golden star. Denise has a gift for taking ordinary moments and linking them to the movements of an extraordinary God. Her writing ebbs and flows, engages and inspires. And, if you’re a writer, she has a lot to say about the craft of writing. If you visit, take a moment to watch the welcome on her home page before you click over to her blog. It’s worth your time.

 

Pollywog CreekA psalmist with a camera is how Patricia Hunter describes herself, and she’s spot on with that portrayal! I’ve been a fan of hers since I started blogging, and was thrilled when her book, No Matter What, It’s a Good Day When, {written by Robbi Cary} finally arrived in my mailbox. Her blog is a feast for the eyes, and inspiration for the soul.

 

Ginger’s Corner – I met Ginger after she left her sweet calling card {comment} on my blog. I’m so glad she did! Ginger writes about real life with a contagious sense of humor and an obvious love for God. She sealed our friendship with her blog post Pray It Forward. Her words will be forever tucked between the pages of my Bible, and I pray them over my children every night.

 

Writing . . . Apples of Gold – If you haven’t had a chance to meet Pam, and see her amazing pen and ink drawings, you won’t want to wait another minute! Pam’s descriptive writing will warm your heart and her talent with the ink-pen will delight you! When you visit, make sure you click on her pen & ink HOME PORTRAITS link. I just love the drawing she did for this year’s Christmas card!

 

Lantern Hollow Press – I was doing a Google search for a C.S. Lewis quote when I found this group of inspired authors. As with C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien’s work, most of their writing sails right over my head. Nevertheless, I enjoy gleaning what I can, and pray that even that which I do not fully comprehend is somehow benefiting me. Do have a look around.

 

I hope you’ve enjoyed this sampling of inspiration!

For more inspiration you can view the first post in this series here.

 

Ducks_DiffuseGlow

 

Remember,

“Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor.” Ecc 4:9

 

“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matt 18:20

 

Have a wonder-filled day!

 

 Blog_Signature

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

and with the lovely Lisha Epperson

7 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful for God opening up the internet! I love reading blogs and I'm encouraged to see these recommendations from you of more new blogs I can visit. Thanks for sharing the inspiration, June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these links. It's nice to meet new people.

    God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links, June. It's encouraging to see folks speaking in what voice our Father has given them for His glory that brings Him and all of us honor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so behind of blogging and commenting, but I'm always looking for inspiring, fresh blogs to visit. I'm sure if these have your stamp of approval, they are worth the extra time. Thank you for being the sharing, loving spirit you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this, June. I hopped over to the C.S. Lewis blog, and really enjoyed my reading there. We are so lucky, aren't we? We have the very Word of God in our hands, and so many wonderful Christian writers to add to that. May all of our words serve to glorify Him and inspire each other!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog June. It's comforting to know that someone else finds that having a plan doesn't work very well. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have some reading to do!! many thanks for recommending these blogs!!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June