Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Inspired by... serendipity

Welcome to...


Here's a look at the unexpected and wonderful things I found this week:


Technique
... found over at A Little Bit of This and That.  Skylar taught me how to make a "spiral" friendship bracelet!  Most girls probably learn this technique when they are Skylar's age, but I didn't and I've always wanted to learn! Thanks, Skylar!

This technique: How To Macrame
I learned from a Crafty Mommy over at Ali.Lilly!  Thank you, Ami for sharing this wonderful tutorial!  And welcome (back) to Texas!


{more} Technique
...found while commenting on one of Sandy Ang's beautiful cards. Having spotted the "most viewed ever" link on her sidebar I just had to check out her beautiful Kusudama Flower Bookmark.  The real gem was this link I found on her tutorial page. 

Folding Trees (the best tutorials and paper creations online) is no longer an active blog, but in their own words "...we have compiled a valuable resource as a source of inspiration and tutorials, and we hope you’ll continue to visit us..."  Well, June and Eve, you can count on me visiting often and I am thrilled to have found you!

I've been inspired to combine these two "techniques" in some ways I think you'll find appealing.  I'll be sharing them with you soon!


FUN
...found at Wordle
Have you heard about Wordle? (I'm usually the last to know about anything, so I won't be surprised if you have!)  I found out about it this week and spent all night a few hours playing the other night.  The wordle above was created by entering my blog URL. (Apparently, I use the word "great" a lot!)  You can also do fun, random stuff like this:
Which is the same as the one above, but a different layout.  The colors are custom colors I entered into the Wordle site.  Cool, eh?

Wordle lets you enter A LOT of text.  Here's what came out when I entered the last chapter from Heart's Desire:


The custom coloring on this one I did myself in Photoshop.  I made an anniversary card for my friend's using their names, adjectives describing them and their marriage, and proper nouns of the things they like - they loved it!  My mind is just spinning with all the fun possibilities!

If you've already been using wordle, I'd love to hear/see what you've done!

So... what serendipitous finds did you have this week?

4 comments:

  1. I have heard of Wordle but have yet to use it. I love the anniversary card you made. That is the sweetest. I also like the idea of adding your blog url. I'm going to give it a try and see what words my url comes up with. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so neat! I have never heard about Wordle and I have to try it out by entering my blog URL. It will be fun to see what comes up! I loved the two-toned color you used to create the charming spiral bracelet. The anniversary card looks so cute,colorful with a beautiful personal touch... looks professionally done. I bet your friends loved it! Thanks for stopping by and loving my vintage bucket. Enjoyed reading your sweet comment. I loved reading how you found the blogs that inspired you to make your lovely creations. Happy Sunday to you!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks June for mentioning my kusudama flower tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!! This was a wonderful surprise after FINALLY getting into my email!! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June