Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspired by... yellow

It was actually Madigan and her beautiful painted Milk Glass Jars, that inspired me to do something with these old medicine bottles I had laying around.


The over abundance of sunshine has inspired a sudden regard for the color yellow and I knew I wanted to do something bright and happy with these little guys.

The first step was painting them.  Since I wanted the same "milkglass" effect that Madigan had achieved, I painted them on the inside.



The blue paint was a different brand and for some reason it did not adhere well to the glass.  So I added a coat of the yellow.  The result was passable and I liked having the blue between the two solid yellow bottles, so I went with it.

Time to add some bling!


I used modge podge to glue the ribbons around the bottles, strung the buttons on some hemp and looped them around the bottle necks.  These were all items I had in my scrapbooking supplies.

Since the paint is on the inside, I knew I couldn't use these for real flowers, so the next step was adding some daisy-like (the craft store was out of daisy's) floral picks.


I wanted the option of either hanging them, or standing them up so I glued them to a paint stick and made a hanger out of the hemp cording.

I can't decide which I like better...


OR


What do you think?

Thanks to Madigan for all the great inspiration!  If you've never been over to Madigan Made, or haven't been in a while, check it out.  She has lot's of great summer inspiration blooming!

Blessings,


I'm linking up at these great parties, click on over for more inspiration:
Tidy Mom   Somewhat Simple   Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!  
     Confessions Of A Stay At Home Mommy




  

5 comments:

  1. HI June-

    These came out great. All nice and shiny and so cheerfully accessorized. I recently saw where someone painted the outside on a collection of bottles. It didn't look nearly as good as when you put the paint inside and swirl it around. They are the perfect summer vase.
    My best- Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. June - These are adorable! Love their squat and cute shape. And I love them in yellow. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! These are so cool! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet project! It came out so cute! I am visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower! I would love love love if you would link this up to my Delicately Constructed linky party!
    I hope you have a fabulous weekend and I see you around soon!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June