Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, July 11, 2011

Inspired by... pink

Yes, another pink post!

This week's challenge from Kim Klassen is pink!  I must admit, I did not think much outside the box on this one.  I had this photo of Gerber Daisy's and that was enough to inspire me to play with a few of her fantastic textures!


This one she calls, aurora.  Isn't it fun!  

I've always loved the lighting in this photo and that brought to mind the scripture passage I used for this week's Scripture and a Snapshot, hosted by Katie Lloyd.

It's comforting to me to think of God as my light.  And it's a good reminder for me to look to Him when I need direction.  

Sometimes He's a beacon, shining in the distance, leading me through troubled waters.  Sometimes He's a spot light behind me, blazing the road ahead.

But, most times, He's a lantern beside me.  Softly illuminating my path, giving me enough light to move forward in faith, but not too much that I forget the Source of that Light.

It's hard sometimes, not being able to see the road ahead.  Our tendency is often to try and produce our own light and rush ahead.  I find when I do that, I stumble and fall in the darkness.

I heard it said once that Hope, is Faith holding out it's Hand in the Dark.  I like that because it reminds me that when I do stumble in the dark, if I reach out in faith God will always be waiting to take my hand and guide me back to His light.

I have that assurance because my hope is based on the person and blood of Jesus Christ.  This hope is the anchor of my life (Heb 6:19) and assures me of a reality I cannot yet see. (Heb 11:1)

Are you walking in the light, as He is in the light?  
Are you trusting Him to light your path and guide your life?

I pray so.

Blessings,


Linking up with:



kimklassencafe







4 comments:

  1. Great Scripture! That is very pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo...perfect with the chosen verse. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just beautiful! I love the texture you added! the highlights are gorgeous!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June