Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Inspired by... Cinderella

 

I bought my first Cinderella pumpkin this year! I know, I know, they've been around forever. (I think I mentioned in a previous post that I'm usually a year or two behind on everything) I'm also pretty stingy traditional and always purchase the pumpkin patch pumpkins for my outdoor display.

This year I actually gave myself a budget for my Fall display and had enough left over to add a touch of whimsy.

 

Cinderella_Pumpkin_Scarcrow

Of course, if I was going to pay the ridiculous ten dollars a piece for a pumpkin I was determined to have the one I wanted! I chose this one for the color and the fun curlicue on the stem! Not surprisingly, this pumpkin was not near the front of the pumpkin patch. Not to be deterred, I gamely maneuvered my feet around the pumpkins to reach the back of the pile one I wanted. With, what I am sure was a look of smug triumph on my face, I grabbed the stem. Only to have it snap off in my hand!!!

I was crushed!

For about two seconds until I remembered my crafty-self had a glue gun at home! I tossed the stem to my husband, "Don't lose that," I said as I huffed the pumpkin out of the pile and tried to untangle my feet from the rest of the patch. "I'm going to glue it on."

"Are you serious?" I'll spare you the rest of that conversation.

 

What do you think of my curlicues?

 

Curlicue_Pumpkin

I like them so much, I just might splurge on a Cinderella pumpkin AND a Fairytale pumpkin next year!

In the meantime, here are some more shots of my outdoor displays.

 

Front_Porch_Mums_Scarecrow

Front_Porch_Fall_Corner

 

Autumn_Bucket

 

Fall_Front_Porch_Scarcrow

Fall_Centerpiece

I couldn't resist playing with some of Kim's textures on these beautiful mums...

Mums_Textured Autumburst blend overlay 93%; vintage blend soft light 68%

 

I'm still working on a few spaces inside, but my outside decorating is complete for this year. It was great to actually have a budget for it this year. In the past it has either been impulse buying (never a good  idea!) or not doing much of anything for the out-of-doors. Maybe a couple of pumpkins that turned into pies for Thanksgiving!

How about you? do you budget for out door spaces?

Have a favorite outdoor Fall decoration?

I'd love to hear!

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Photobucket HookingupwithHoH

1 comment:

  1. Very cute fall display! I haven't done any fall decorating outside yet and I'm not sure if I'm going to... I might just wait for Christmas to decorate outside.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June