Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Inspired by... Aslan

 

I thought it only fitting to feature my baby kitty for Kim's Texture Tuesday theme of red this week. For two reasons. One, which I didn't remember until I was browsing through my pictures, is that I featured him back in August for the orange theme!

 

Aslan_Orange

And two, because he's going to be one year old on Monday!!! and he is just so darn cute! (oops! that's three reasons!)

This is a picture of him from last December.

 

Aslan_Tartan For you texture lovin' fans I posted the "recipe" and original photo at the end of this post.

 

Gotta love those ears!! He has grown into them a bit... here's a picture of him from earlier today, using Kim's scriptedautumn texture.

 

Aslan_ScriptedAutumn

Hmm, have I mentioned he doesn't like having his picture taken?  To his credit, this was my fifth or sixth shot and he was trying to sleep. A big sigh preceded the shutter click on this one! I was tempted to see if I could get him back on the McDonald tartan for a true comparison shot, but decided that would definitely be pushing my luck! Maybe if I just leave it out on the bed...

I hope y'all had a great Tuesday. There are a lot of great submissions this week. I encourage you to click over to The Cafe and check out all the different interpretations of the color RED!

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

This is the original photo:

Aslan_Tartan_Org

Recipe:

layer 1: adjust shadow/highlight 50%

layer 2: andthensome texture blend: overlay 80% mask Aslan

layer 3: word texture blend: multiply 100%

 

Sharing inspiration here:

kimklassencafe and then, she {snapped}

9 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when your cat tries to ignore the camera. Great choice for red with the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shot of Aslan on the red blanket! He's a beautiful cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great name for a cat! Great photos and texture work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the life of a cat..isn't it grand? Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH ... He is so cute ... Happy birthday ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Looks like a painting...I had to look twice. Yellow tabbies are the best!! Glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a handsome guy! I really wish my cats would tolerate a leash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great application of the texture! Thanks for showing off your shot.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June