Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, May 28, 2012

Inspired by... easy dinners

 

Is it just me, or have you noticed your appetite changing as the weather turns warmer? It seems we're eating lighter around here lately.  Salads and fruit smoothies, rather than the heavier stews and chicken and rice dishes.

Salads are one of the easiest dishes to prepare and adding some delicious grilled shrimp doesn't have to be difficult or time consuming.

 

Grilled_Shirmp_Salad

I stuck with a traditional salad mix, added some baby spinach and the preferred veggies.  Instead of firing up the grill or heating up the house by turning on the oven, I broiled the shrimp in my toaster oven.

 

Grilled_Shrimp_LP

I use my toaster oven a lot in the summer.  It works just as well as my oven and keeps the kitchen (and the rest of the house) much cooler!

My recipe for the shrimp is pretty basic – but, oh, so delicious!

Arrange the shrimp on the broiler pan, brush with 1/2 T melted butter, shake on some of Penzey's Lemon Pepper Seasoning and broil for 3 minutes.  Remove shrimp from oven, flip and repeat the process on the other side.

 

Grilled_Shirmp_Salad2

Add the shrimp to your salad and toss with your favorite dressing. Enjoy!

 

As I said, basic – but, oh, so delicious!

 

Flag_Serious_Magic

For by him [Jesus] all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. (Col 1:16)

 

Wishing everyone a fun, safe, memorable,

Memorial Day.

And to those who serve:

THANK YOU

 

Blog_Signature

 

 

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

 

  Tidy Mom Nap-Time Creations Chef In Training

6 comments:

  1. Looks really tasty. Will be a great recipe for a hot summer night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, only if I ate shrimp. Nice edit on the last pic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would like to try that kind of salad, looks yummy:)

    Visiting for Favorite Photo Monday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/05/priceless-my-princess.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My tastes have definitely shifted to lighter fare these days. Your shrimp look like they are perfectly cooked. This salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salads.. This one looks so yummy:0

    Visiting for Favorite Photo Monday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/05/fancy-flowery-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks simple and so delicious. Have a great week.

    PS It would be neat if you followed me back

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June