Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Inspired by . . . nature

All  you moms out there who are watching your babies grow up way to fast - - just be glad they're not baby birds!

Just about a week ago I shared with you pictures of the new-born scissor-tail flycatcher babies barely showing a few pin-feathers. Well, they've been busy growing this week! Here are some shots from last Friday.

 

ScissorTail_Babies

 

ScissorTail_Babies_bestill

Textured with Kim's kk_bestill

 

ScissorTail_BabyAsleep

Textured with Kim's kk_franklin

 

Now that I've seen how the babies look as they start to feather-out, the nesting material the parents used makes a lot more sense. The babies blend in so well!

Here are Sunday's shots – I can't believe how much they grew in just a few days!

 

ScissorTail_BabyPair

 

ScissorTail_Baby_Feathered

 

ScissorTail_Baby

 

ScissorTail_Baby2

 

ScissorTail_Pair_dreamit

Textured with Kim's kk_dreamit

 

ScissorTail_BabyPair2

 

I'm pretty sure their parents are already encouraging them to fly. They'll be lots of insect catching lessons before they're ready to leave the nest, though.

I'm not their momma, but I sure am excited to share these two little guys with you.

Watching them reminds me of how precious life is to our Lord, Jesus. If He cares so much about these little baby birds, how much more is His love for you and I?

 

"This is the reason I kneel in the presence of the Father
from Whom all the family in heaven and on earth receives its name.
I'm asking God to give you a gift from the wealth of His glory. I pray that He would give you inner strength and power through His Spirit.
Then Christ will live in you through faith. I also pray that love may be the ground into which you sink your roots and on which you have your foundation.
This way, with all of God's people you will be able to understand how wide, long, high, and deep His love is.
You will know Christ's love, which goes far beyond any knowledge.
I am praying this so that you may be completely filled with God.
Glory belongs to God, whose power is at work in us. By this power He can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.
Glory belongs to God in the church and in Christ Jesus for all time and eternity! Amen."
  Eph 3:14-21

 

Blessings,

Blog_Signature

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

Wild Bird Wednesday

“Texture

Thought-Provoking-Thursday-Button

A Soft Gentle Voice

24 comments:

  1. June - the exact moment I clicked on to this post, the birds outside let out a chorus of 'cheeps' and all kinds of chatter.

    What's that about?

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply wonderful.... the girls will be so excited to see these!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, June, I just love this! Seeing them grow and knowing how lovely they become! They have grown so much since the first post. Thanks so much for sharing them. I see you are in the Hill Country, a favorite part of Texas for us to visit.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds silly, but seeing those little birds grow brought tears to my eyes. How quickly they grow. How much love and detail went into creating them. God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, such delightful captures of Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the fun last Summer of watching the Robins lay eggs in a nest on our garden hose and then hatch. The grandson and I kept track watching and photographing. It was quite fun to see, and then especially fun to see them all playing in the yard later that Summer. However, I was glad when I could again have the use of my garden hose after they had flown the coop. This Summer, so that I would have use of my hose, I laid the hose on the ground in case they liked that area again, but they didn't. Your pictures are great, and it is amazing how soon they hatch and fly away. :)

    And true, on a mother watching her little ones grow up way too soon. Mine are all very well into their adult years, but I have tucked their youth in my memories and of course many, many photographs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are fantastic!! Love the light wash of yellow on the belly. Amazing how quickly these guys have grown in just a week. I wish my 34-year old would grow up this fast. I'm still waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely beautiful and thank you for the lovely prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi June. this is a wonderful series you have in this. Post. It must be wonderful to be able to watch and record their progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're quite big!! Boom, Bobbi and Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they're starting to get that smooth, soft look! love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You take the most incredible photos! I feel like I could reach out and stroke them. Beautiful! We have a baby cardinal coming to our feeder with Mama and papa but he's all splotched in color and funny looking! We love him though! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are AMAZING and your post is a great reminder of God's watchful care for us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos! Thank-you for sharing the little birds in the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awesome to be able to watch them grow! God does an amazing job with the things He allows us to see!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, June these baby birds and your experience of watching them grow is such a lesson for me - learning to slow down long enough to be amazed at God's creation. Thank you for your tender prayer and gentle reminder of how much God loves me and watches over me. We spend a portion of every day on our front porch where we watch the birds go from the feeder to the bird bath (hilarious in the bird bath), and today I will think of your wise words and feel God's embrace as we enjoy our birding. Your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing and beautiful in so many ways. I am inspired just after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos and beautiful verse. It is amazing to see God's love even in the small things, reminds me of "His eye is on the sparrow and I know he watches over me." Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the amount that birds can grow in a few days is remarkable! Good old nature!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's an awesome capture... I love this set. Pretty amazing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Incredible shots! Thank you so much for sharing this fascinating journey!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I cannot believe my eyes, it's incredible, to be able and do such shots ... that's an amazing slide show !!
    In this season it's quite easy to find little birds left alone without their parents ... just a few days ago we tryed and make survive a brood of 'Great tit' .. they're still fighting, let's hope :) !!
    Big hugs my dear and sweet friend <3
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute....cute, and MORE cute.
    What a wonderful series!!!

    Thanks for linking up at the Bird D'Pot this week.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June