Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, August 11, 2014

Inspired by . . . blogs that inspire

 

That’s a bad title. It should read, “people that inspire,” because it’s not the blog, it’s the people behind the blog.

It’s YOU.

Writing it. Photographing it. Cooking it. Making it. Whatever it is YOU’re doing  or sharing – YOU inspire me!

 

Swallowtail_Hepburn

 

Neither of us has enough time today to sit here and read about all the different blogs out there that inspire me. Sad fact is, I don’t get to read all of the great stuff you’re putting out there every week. But I do my best to make the rounds to see how y’all are doing, what you’ve been up to, etc. I always try to leave my calling {comment} card. But sometimes you overwhelm me, or I’m just overwhelmed, and the words won’t come right then. So, rather than say something inane, I move on, knowing that I’ll be back to visit you again soon.

I have been thinking about doing a post like this for awhile now. So when I learned of a new linky party called #TheLoft and saw their prompt for this week, ‘blogs that inspire’, I knew it was time to get started. I say ‘get started’ because I would love to do a post like this each week. {Similar to Beth’s Friday Randomness}  But I know my life me, and committing to a weekly post right now would just be setting myself up for failure. So I’m going to set a goal of once a month, and get started right now!

 

Without further ado and in no particular order, here are {some of} the blogs that are inspiring me this month:

 

Louisiana Bell – If you haven’t met Gail and experienced the unique beauty of her photography you are really missing out on something special! Gail is my lunch buddy. I look forward to my mid-day break from the craziness to visit her blog each day. Gail’s amazing photographs give my mind a few moments of peace, rest, and wonder of God’s creation. She is my daily JOY-break!

 

HeARTworks – Patsy’s art, scripture references and prayerful thoughts never cease to inspire me. She is a true encourager with a heart for God and His people.

 

Just Following Jesus – Elizabeth’s blog speaks peace and JOY to me every time I visit. She shares thoughtful, encouraging words blended with her beautiful images. I especially enjoy her still life images. Always a pleasure visiting Elizabeth!

 

The Wellspring – As the name implies, Laura’s blog is a deep drink of water. Sadly, I don’t always have the time to savor it as I should. Laura’s words will open some of those dry, cracked places in your spirit. Her prose will water them and give them life again. Take the time to savor. . . .

 

Simply Beth – First of all, there is nothing simple about Beth. I love her honesty and transparency in her walk with Jesus. She’s in the trenches every day doing the hard work, and sharing it with us. I love her for it. And next month I’m going to be right there {in spirit} beside her shouting, and crying, and cheering when her best friend finally comes home.

 

Okay, I need to stop sharing before you stop reading. I’m honored to share these five inspiring women with you. I hope you’ll pay them a visit, and leave your calling card. These five blogs are just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many of YOU out there who inspire me. I’ll hope you’ll come back next month on the 2nd Sunday, for more blogs that inspire.

 

Have a wonder-filled day,

Blog_Signature

 

 

Sharing inspiration here:

THe_Loft_Link_Up-small

5 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet friend. There are tears right now. Like you have shared in this post, you have overwhelmed me and I am not sure the words will come right now to fully express. Other than to say I hope you know how much you ALWAYS inspire me. You are a true blessing in my life. I thank God that our paths crossed in this beautiful blogging world. And yes, those same ladies inspire me too. I will have to check out your friend Gail as she is the only one I do not know. What a lovely link-up idea. THANK YOU, Love you so much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. June, I'm visiting from The Loft. It's a pleasure to have you join in this week's linky and share your favorite online people with us! Now I have more friends to meet :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello June, I popped in from The Loft. Your blog is beautiful...purple is my fav color. I'm looking forward to visiting some of the blogs you mentioned, especially the photography ones. Pictures can speak into our souls in deep ways, so I will be clicking over and visiting those girls. Thank you so much for being part of our link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful list and I love the idea of doing a monthly list! I love the creativity that one writing prompt will inspire- stopping by from The Loft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, June! Thank you. I am humbled.

    Right now I'm so behind on blogging, barely managing to get posts scheduled in advance and leave comments. I hate having to mark some posts as read because I know I'm missing something good. I'm so glad you posted your thoughts about that because there are times when life IS overwhelming and there isn't time to do all that we would love to do. I'm about to leave for a couple days for Miss. and desperately trying to catch up on some reading, so when I return tomorrow night I'll be behind again. Ugh.

    Have I told you how much inspiration I draw from your blog? And how I sometimes save it for the end of the day when I can really savor the words? I know I've told you, but I'm telling you again. Have a beautiful, blessed day, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June